Element

So I am new to this. I have been thinking about doing something unique to my Element. I just don't know what to do. I have been looking around the net and this doesn't seem to be something people do. It isn't a performance car, so people don't seem to mess with them much.

Anyone have any ideas? I want to start out small, because I am just starting my car modification hobby, not like a lot of you guys.

Thanks,

Rob

You could drop it down an inch or two, put an LED kit under it maybe. Maybe an HID setup. Put some lights inside too. Maybe behind the AC vents or under the dash. You could fill out the cargo space with big speaker box (two 10's, maybe two 12's). Theres a million things you could do to make it stand out a little. As for performance, I'm sure they make an intake and header for it. I don't really know, i havent done any research on the Elements. Do you have anything in mind at all? Is there anything in particular that you have seen somewhere that you want?

You could drop it down an inch or two, put an LED kit under it maybe. Maybe an HID setup. Put some lights inside too. Maybe behind the AC vents or under the dash. You could fill out the cargo space with big speaker box (two 10's, maybe two 12's). Theres a million things you could do to make it stand out a little. As for performance, I'm sure they make an intake and header for it. I don't really know, i havent done any research on the Elements. Do you have anything in mind at all? Is there anything in particular that you have seen somewhere that you want?

I didn't have anything in mind yet. That is why I am here, never saw anything done to an Element before. I have added some big a$$ speakers and a kick a$$ stereo, but that is it. I have always just messed with the electronics in my cars previously and I want to do more mechanical stuff now. I just am not that familar with the stuff that can be done, especially on this type of car. So when I went searching I found this place, I figured someone here would have some ideas.

I like the LED idea, that would look hot. I don't know about dropping it down, I like where it is because of snow issues (the reason I bought it was to drive in the snow).

Ignore the comments the new guy posted for turning your element into a riced out piece of sh!t.

If this car is going to be a show car then leds behind the vents might be interesting, until then it is just a reason for ridicule unless you are 16 and trying to impress your adolescent buddies.

there would be plenty of things to do but with limited product support and availability you can't do very much cheaply. aside from the ride height issue VIP style would be neat to see. You could fabricate a turbo for it, maybe Jackson has a SC that would fit on that motor?

Ignore the comments the new guy posted for turning your element into a riced out piece of sh!t.

If this car is going to be a show car then leds behind the vents might be interesting, until then it is just a reason for ridicule unless you are 16 and trying to impress your adolescent buddies.

there would be plenty of things to do but with limited product support and availability you can't do very much cheaply. aside from the ride height issue VIP style would be neat to see. You could fabricate a turbo for it, maybe Jackson has a SC that would fit on that motor?

Your right, no mods to this thing are going to be cheap, I don't think anyone bothers to mod them, they aren't exactly performance cars. I do have a machine shop where I work, so I can get some stuff done.

Now I have to show my stupidity here (sorry, I am new to this and probably out of my league) what do you mean by VIP style?

just do a google image search for VIP Style. basically, it is over the top modifications to make a car look more luxurious and elegant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIP_style

Thanks, a little new to this. Not sure there is anything I should do, maybe I should just go by a beater and screw with that instead. Leave the two nicer cars alone.

Any suggestions on the car?

ugh that vis kit makes it look like a retarded jeep liberty, which are retarded already, so vis kit = 2 X retardation.

Honestly, i would just do subtle, but nice changes. Look into re doing the interior (katzkin.com), changing the rims, getting new paint, squeeze a few more ponnies from the motor. Small things, but just remeber small things always make more of a difference than large gawdy things.

I guess I will have to do some more research. I don't want to jack it up, that looks dumb, and the new panels are awful too. There just doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot of kits/parts to make this thing cool.

Archived