Decisions Desicions

BrIaN EG2

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which One Should I Get With My Tax Return Next Year?

• 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 MR
    • 2010 Honda CBR1000RR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yah why would no one want to strip the ONLY MODDED DEL SOL in the area... you probably dont have an alarm.. and as far as i know a worn down enough honda key can open just about any honda.. and you make it easier by leaving it unlocked

guy just got his car stolen at the show i went to a few weeks ago.. it was in parts pretty much before the guy woke up i think

of course didnt some of the people on here think your motor was a stolen one orginally? If it already has the numbers and stuff taken off it'll be even easier to steal and sell

just something for you to think about

worn out key does not work... i have one ive tried it lol

now.. i dont go out stealing cars i found the key in a junkyard and decided to keep it but yeah it doesnt work

didnt work on my car... my friends crx... my friends ef.. no one. maybe im just a bad thief

i opened my friends old del and turned the ignition no problem with my key for my car

there are also a few people around here with a key that will open the majority of older hondas around here

and even without a key its not hard to get into any honda.. there is a reason they are some of the most stolen cars out there

(not trying to say brians car will get jacked but it would not surprise me.. AND its cali.. that stuff could get sold quick and theres such a large amount of people out there it'd be pretty much impossible to track down)

Don't be a vagina. Buy the bike, It won't cost you nearly as much in every aspect and will be a helleva lot more fun.

nice to see you posting tubbith.

hes got a point about the price. my girls dad was originally paying $90 a year for insurance on his motorcycle, took a motorcycle driving class and it was lowerd to $60 a year. not bad tbh

Fixed.

Can;t go through life being a pus*y. You only get to do this thing called life once. You might as well do everything you can to live it to the fullest.

I'm totally bike shopping whenever my funds get straight.

And being as I'm a large fella', it's at MINIMUM going to be a 1000CC Bike. Friend of mine is planning on selling his Hayabusa soon.. Geared differently, 10" stretch.. Bolt on's galore and has had a re-map of the factory computer in Sarasota, FL where he netted 25 horses, about 20 or so at the wheel after all was said and done.

Isnt there a huge price difference between the two? And how are you getting 20 grand in tax returns.

im not.. tax return will be a hefty down payment though :happy:

yah why would no one want to strip the ONLY MODDED DEL SOL in the area... you probably dont have an alarm.. and as far as i know a worn down enough honda key can open just about any honda.. and you make it easier by leaving it unlocked

guy just got his car stolen at the show i went to a few weeks ago.. it was in parts pretty much before the guy woke up i think

of course didnt some of the people on here think your motor was a stolen one orginally? If it already has the numbers and stuff taken off it'll be even easier to steal and sell

just something for you to think about

pretty sure they wouldnt steal the ONLY modded CBP del sol because it would be too easy to find it..

and the guy that had his car stolen was where? in a different state NOT on a military base right?

you kind of cant take the numbers off the block.. theyre kinda stamped, the tranny is a different story, which would be the green vin tag.. that is easy to get rid of and drill out the "screws" to make it look like a JDM tranny..

and an alarm is 300 for my car and that includes :: the actual alarm, power door locks, keyless start, and 3 kill switches.. ill be getting that after i get the turbo build done.. my engine needs to be rebuilts asap IMO.. id rather have a car that runs that a car that doesnt with an alarm..

you guys are pretty naive to be saying that if he gets a bike he will be "roadkill" and all this other crap.

you already have a car. i love evos...but this would be your 3rd one? obviously you keep selling them for a reason. you ever ride a bike before?

and an alarm is 300 for my car and that includes :: the actual alarm, power door locks, keyless start, and 3 kill switches.. ill be getting that after i get the turbo build done.. my engine needs to be rebuilts asap IMO.. id rather have a car that runs that a car that doesnt with an alarm..

$10 max for a killswitch...and thieves won't be able to find it if you hide it in a gooood place!!

switch = $5 max

wires and wire cutter and electric tape

:D

Spend way less money on a bike than an Evo and you're already insanely quick. Spend up to a grand, maybe two and be as absolutely fast as you want it to be.

Can;t go through life being a pus*y. You only get to do this thing called life once. You might as well do everything you can to live it to the fullest.

And riding a crotch rocket going 130 mph is not being a pus*y? lol ok. A bike built to go fast will be driven fast. Only if you f*ck up, you're dead, not injured. I'm considering buying a Triumph myself in the future. It's not a speed bike though.

you guys are pretty naive to be saying that if he gets a bike he will be "roadkill" and all this other crap.

you already have a car. i love evos...but this would be your 3rd one? obviously you keep selling them for a reason. you ever ride a bike before?

yessuh missuh joe, i haz had 2 street bikes and a dirt bike befoar.. lol

first was a little 90 kawa dirt bike when i was 7 until i was 10 then sold it.. then i had a 250cc kawa ninja right before i turned 15 until almost 17, then got a 600cc gixxer which i had for a short time because i got tired of seeing soo many of them around..

now im debating on the 1000 double R or the evo..

im actually contemplating trading my sol shell for a stock minty EK shell plus a little cash on their side (cash on top because theyll be getting my flex, exhaust, strut bar, and all the little nick nacks in the interior)

if i can get the hatch before next year then i wont get an evo and probally not the bike because ill be saving for some more tein flex for the EK lol..

dude i wouldent get rid of the sol. you would probably regret it if you did. look at how many members on here say they miss there sols after selling, trading or an unfortunate mishap. get a hayabusa or ducati.

i want something with more room!! thats why i want another evo soo bad or trade my shell for a EK shell.. ive wanted an EK before i wanted a sol.. i think ill miss the sol but id LOVE to have a EK hatch! i know someone thats selling their silver 00 EK shell back home, he wants 1500 and it has CF hood and hatch but thats back home and not here where i needz it :dry:

i HATE busas and ducatis!! only two bikes i will ride is zx10r or 1000 double r..

i want something with more room!! thats why i want another evo soo bad or trade my shell for a EK shell.. ive wanted an EK before i wanted a sol.. i think ill miss the sol but id LOVE to have a EK hatch! i know someone thats selling their silver 00 EK shell back home, he wants 1500 and it has CF hood and hatch but thats back home and not here where i needz it dry.gif

i HATE busas and ducatis!! only two bikes i will ride is zx10r or 1000 double r..

y ya hate busas and ducati? what about finding a nice ek shell and giving me the delsol shell? blush.gif lol. theres is a evo for sale near me. silver with cf hood, act clutch, upgraded turbo, exhaust and a few other things as well. not sure how much he wants tho.

keep the sol and find a decent ek hatch. then get a craigslist bike.

if i got a EK shell the GSR would be going in it.. thats why id much rather trade my shell get money on top and put the gsr in it.. that way i can have money to play with the EK with.. if i got the EK i would be broke and not be able to afford anything for it.. the cheapest minty Ek ive found here is for 5,500.. i dont have that kind of money at the moment to put on another car.. much rather just trade my shell for one

i still say grab an evo.

alot more room, more comfortable for road trips than a bike.

alot more storage space including a trunk.

you can fit more people in an evo.

Dude, life is about fun, pick the thing that you think is going to make you most happy.

I would pick the bike hands down, I've got a Ducati Monstrada 1200S.

You seem like a younger guy who is unattached and no kids. Go out and just have fun.

pretty sure they wouldnt steal the ONLY modded CBP del sol because it would be too easy to find it..

and the guy that had his car stolen was where? in a different state NOT on a military base right?

wow you are a moron

you really think someone couldnt have your car in pieces no problem? and with the amount of people in cali. I doubt they would find it very easily.. on top of that you think the police would put a 15+ year old car getting stolen on top of what they have to deal with already? not likely and even if the motor has all the numbers on it the cops are not going to go look under everyones hood who has swapped a motor

and yes things can go missing on a military base quite easily.. and not to mention you LEAVE base

oh and the money you've put into your car would be GONE cause i'm pretty sure you dont have full coverage with the extra insurance for what you've done to it.. so yah a hidden fuel cut switch that would cost <$10 would be a good investment (as lina said)

and yes the guy who got his car stolen was in a different state.. south carolina to be exact.. so you think your less likely to have something stolen in Cali.? just think about how dumb that sounds for a min.

makes me wonder if the black evo was stolen actually.. you dont seem to worried about crap getting stolen for losing SOOO much money when that was stolen

Archived