How to tell if my head is warped without taking it to to shop?

LS/V-Tech

I have a Acura Integra 94 LS/V-Tech(LS Block with GSR head) with titianium valve springs.

I blew a headgasket and need to have it replace, but I need to know if the head warped also, is there anyway I can

tell if the head warped without taking it to the shop.

I have a Acura Integra 94 LS/V-Tech(LS Block with GSR head) with titianium valve springs.

I blew a headgasket and need to have it replace, but I need to know if the head warped also, is there anyway I can

tell if the head warped without taking it to the shop.

well i dont konw much about that but i would change your name last time i checked vtec didnt have a H at the end. lol but welcome to hf

pull the head and use a true straight edge with gap finder to check.

a yard stick does not count as a straight edge. you need a machinist straight edge.

what he said but go from cross corners like..left top to right bottom corner...is that makes sense..as well as across the plain.

well its kind of obvious if you did actually have a VTEC head on your car that there is no H.. its kind of in big BOLD letters on the VC that reads DOHC VTEC

no idea how you missed that one.. just curious.. if it is spelled vtech in your little world what does the H stand for? pretty sure vtec = valve timing electric control aka variable valve timing with life electric control.. help me with the H please.. id like to learn a thing or two from a noob since i has no life :happy:

It's actually spelled wrong in a lot of places. I think tire rack, edlebrock and some others..If I really felt like it id search out where i've seen it professionally posted wrong but yea...

oh majestic honda labels the del sol VTEC model as V-tec....

Archived