are these worth $200?

Those are not coilovers, those are just adjustable sleeves. You have greatly reduced range with them compared to a full coilover kit, but they will work.

This person has these for sale on ebay too. You can buy them from a 'reputable' ebay vendor for $275 without the camber kit parts.

The front parts they have there are just adjustable ball joints vs. full upper A arm that I have. I have no experience, good, bad or internet with the adjustable ball joints to say if they are any good or not.

The rears are just normal. The ones I have are Skunk2 rear upper control arms, but there are several companies that stamp various names on the EXACT same product (which that looks like) and charge less. No biggie with those being generic.

Those are not coilovers, those are just adjustable sleeves. You have greatly reduced range with them compared to a full coilover kit, but they will work.

So how do you feel about the koni yellow/GC combo?

if you are referring to GC adjustable sleeves it is going to be the same thing. By design the sleeves are somewhat limited in range. nothing wrong with it, but you arn't going to run dumped 4" on them.

if you are referring to GC adjustable sleeves it is going to be the same thing. By design the sleeves are somewhat limited in range. nothing wrong with it, but you arn't going to run dumped 4" on them.

glad to hear you're sticking to the same story..many don't ha.

• 2 weeks later...

bullsh1t. thats what people who are dumped are riding on.

koni yellow/gc sleeves/gc top hats.

Actually, no. The GC and Koni combo is a good one, but the setup you note requires yet more parts for the desired effect. A quality full coilover kit (one piece) not only will give you adjust-ability, but allow you to go even further. I have a net drop of 3in on my sedan with the ability to go another inch further. This is without adjusting the spring rate, which I could get another inch or more out of.

Instead of just swearing at me why don't you offer some real input instead of trolling?

o and by the way this guy is running skunk 2 sleeves(og post) and koni struts.

DSC02668.jpg

id say he is pretty damn slammed.

**username on h-t is dut**

My setup:

- Ground Control Extended Top Hats

- Ground Control Coilover Sleeves

- Koni Yellow Short Shaft Struts

koni.jpg

koni2.jpg

ek9_13.jpg

062.jpg

I still have about half an inch to an inch of thread left. No need to lie, my crap bottoms out everytime I drive it. The a-arms hit the shock tower, not the shocks bottoming out. I just say that the a-arms are acting as the bump stops.

he looks pretty slammed to me, and he can still go down more. but i dont know what im talking about do i.

cant we just agree your both runnin good setups (adamEj6 and xeryon) no reason to get all hostile with each other over somethin thats basiclly a matter of opinion.

im trolling?

i can assure you i have an even better set-up than your self boss.

Negative/instigative comments with minimal constructive input given: definition of trolling. You just posted 10 comments and half of them offered nothing except negativity.

Edited, no point

If you would prefer I can spend an afternoon and drop the remaining I have to work with, adjust the camber to tuck and can take pics of me dragging my stock bumper on flat pavement if it would please you?

Actually, no. The GC and Koni combo is a good one, but the setup you note requires yet more parts for the desired effect. A quality full coilover kit (one piece) not only will give you adjust-ability, but allow you to go even further. I have a net drop of 3in on my sedan with the ability to go another inch further. This is without adjusting the spring rate, which I could get another inch or more out of.

Instead of just swearing at me why don't you offer some real input instead of trolling?

so what exactly is your point?

i just proved you wrong. he is running exactly what i said and he is slammed.

obviously he needs a camber kit as well, but im still right.

So, if I am proved wrong get out the measuring stick and show a 4" drop on GC sleeves and koni shocks. That's it. That's what the question was. No extra parts. The entire thread was supposed to be about cheap 0-2.25in drop skunk2 ebay sleeves which would have given david nothing close to the range of any of the setups you are talking about.

i didnt want a 3" or 4" drop. i would like to keep my bumpers. these ohio roads are not forgiving on my little car.

and as for the guy slammed in the white hatch. he is a dumb ass. he even said he was bottoming out. hence causing damage to his car. raise the mother fvcker. why would anyone intentionally slam a car knowing that it is going to drag/bottom out?

because they are retards.

Simply put dont use sleeves, they reduce the overall travel that your suspension can handle, and making your ride sh!t.

I myself prefer a fixed set up, better stability, less moving parts to go wrong, no threads to jam on you, etc etc etc

Heres what im running, and what I paid (aprox)

Skunk2 Spring Shock Combo (400)

Skunk 2 Adjustable A arms (180)

Skunk2 Rear Camber Kit (90)

Skunk2 LCAs (180)

Bennen Rear Tie Bar (25, craigslist)

All new hardware (grade 10.9 with safety wire holes, all wired with .032)

To be perfectly honest, the ride for the 1st month was HARSH as hell, but after the springs have set, and have gotten broken in, the ride is fantastic, the car handles like a dream, better than my old hatch that I had coilovers on (cant remember what brand, but they were not egay knock offs, I paid about 1k on my hatch's suspension) and the ride is more stable, more comfortable, and better looking than the old hatch.

But yeah, riding dumped where your bottoming out, excessive camber, and riding on knock off gear is just retarded, not to mention potentialy lethal.

and PS

Adam, your an asstard, go away.

roffle, go cory go.

I think I dropped $650 on the F&F set, another $200 or so on the front and rear cambers, ran a energy suspension full kit and then tossed in a front and rear carbing frame brace for fun.

Ride is very tight, the car corners well beyond the capacity of my crappy tires, but it is rough. but then again I have only put 500-600 miles on the car in the last 1.5 years since I installed the suspension parts. Really haven't even broken it in yet.

Archived