Health care plan

Trae%eh6

New guy; lets not get so personal here. You might not know it yet but we are all friends here before anything else.

I'm not exactly sure where to start:

#1 Rush is a retard

#2 Yes, a military fight got us the country we have today. Military might is a pillar of our country. But....you have to admit Iraq and Afghanistan had absofukinglutely nothing to do with our freedom. In a manner of speaking those wars have cost us our freedom by being one of the reasons why our economy is in such poor shape. With modern weaponry there is almost no reason to have our forces stationed all over the globe meddling in other peoples business. We can strike any location on the planet from equipment stationed on our own soil in a matter of hours. Why keep ramstein and mendenhal and all the others?

#3 Coal is needed for some steel production, but somewhere close to 90% of industrial use steel is recycled anymore. Most coal is outright burned now for home heat, industrial processes and electric generation. The cost of shaft mining in human life has been exchanged for open pit, strip and mountaintop removal mining. Each of which is safer to extract but is insanely damaging to the surrounding region.

Back to the Rush comment. Serious question: If Rush is so right, then why do as many Republicans hate him as they like him? He polarizes the very political party he claims to represent.

Sad to say, but it is my strong belief the the likes of Rush and Palin are going to be the downfall of the party. They are extremely popular within their core demographic but everyone else in their own party dislikes them. It's like they are killing themselves. Face it, Obama only won the election because the opposing party couldn't extract it's head from it's backside. Had average Joe run against him he probably would have won. But we had Grandpa/Crazy Bitch vs Mr.Social Agenda/Buffoon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New guy; lets not get so personal here. You might not know it yet but we are all friends here before anything else.

#1 Rush is a retard

#2 Yes, a military fight got us the country we have today. Military might is a pillar of our country. But....you have to admit Iraq and Afghanistan had absofukinglutely nothing to do with our freedom. In a manner of speaking those wars have cost us our freedom by being one of the reasons why our economy is in such poor shape. With modern weaponry there is almost no reason to have our forces stationed all over the globe meddling in other peoples business. We can strike any location on the planet from equipment stationed on our own soil in a matter of hours. Why keep ramstein and mendenhal and all the others?

#3 Coal is needed for some steel production, but somewhere close to 90% of industrial use steel is recycled anymore. Most coal is outright burned now for home heat, industrial processes and electric generation. The cost of shaft mining in human life has been exchanged for open pit, strip and mountaintop removal mining. Each of which is safer to extract but is insanely damaging to the surrounding region.

Back to the Rush comment. Serious question: If Rush is so right, then why do as many Republicans hate him as they like him? He polarizes the very political party he claims to represent.

Sad to say, but it is my strong belief the the likes of Rush and Palin are going to be the downfall of the party. They are extremely popular within their core demographic but everyone else in their own party dislikes them. It's like they are killing themselves. Face it, Obama only won the election because the opposing party couldn't extract it's head from it's backside. Had average Joe run against him he probably would have won. But we had Grandpa/Crazy Bitch vs Mr.Social Agenda/Buffoon

Dude your right. Sorry other guy. I got flustered. We cool?

I had a whole rebuttal written, but then I realized you are a Republican whole heartily and will not listen to reason. So yes, lets all do what Rush says, hell elect him president, after all we already had one drug addict there. Because we all know the guy who whines the loudest is always the guy with the best idea..........

People like you are the reason this country is where it is today. You only hear what you want to hear. Rush is the most sensational and entertaining so you listen to that. Do you also believe everything that is in the supermarket tabloids too? I say an article in the National Enquirer the other day that said Sandra Bullock is leaving Jesse James for an alien.gif. Should I believe that too?

Keep in mind I am an Independent. I vote for the best candidate not the party.

Whooo, Step back a minute there chief. How do you know if I'm a Republican? You Don't. Just because I have different view you think you can just assume I am a Republican? Well I'm not I'm a CONSERVATIVE.

And know I don't just hear what i want to hear, Unlike alot of people I am not a mind numbed robot. I can take different opinions and decide for myself what i believe. I decide for myself and don't let other people decide for me.

And I hope you didn't vote for Mr. Obama, because if you did your last sentence is invalid. As he is on the path to becoming the worst president in our nations history.

#1 Rush is a retard

First of Xeyron is right, Were are all friends here. And the best thing about that is we can have different opinions and still be civil. For the most part :)

1. Thats your opinion

2. I will agree with you in some respects, but almost all of our wars since WWII have been mismanaged. I also believe it is good to have bases in foreign country just to remind them we will be there to help their citizens regain liberty if needed. Most of the wars we fight are to liberate an oppressed people.

3. I think you are both right and wrong on this one. I'll start by saying I have the largest hole man has ever excavated in my back yard.

KennecottCopperUTcopy.jpg

Yes the immediate are that is being mine is being destructed, but that is a necessary evil. I will say that since Rio tinto owns the entire mountain range that mine is located on, it has some of the most abundant wildlife in the state. They spend millions upon millions of dollars to protect the environment, form planting trees, to purifying the water. I am glad to have that mine there because if it wasn't that mountain would be destroyed with homes and ski resorts. When that mine runs its course the ground will be returned to a natural looking habitat I'm sure. The days of strip mining/open pit mining and leaving it a hole are well and gone.

Sport, every canadian and brit I have had the pleasure of knowing has no issues with the healthcare system, the only problem they have is when they go overseas they buy extra insurance so that should anything happen while out of country they wont get nailed by privatized hospitals.

Also as far as military spending, I am thankfull that they get the spending (and by they I mean myself as well, I served my time) however ask around, you will find that about 80% of the people that are in think that the current war is BS, and should have never been intiated, let alone most of the spending is not towards military accounts, but to contracts.

Blackwater employee in the sandbox makes 4-10K per month, + 15% contractor fee on top of that.

Enlisted personell 1100-2900 while in the sand box per month

NMCI (Navy Marine Corp Intranet) is contractor based as well (even though the navy and marines have IT personell, they are now without jobs) the total cost of that contract 9.8 million per year for maintanace, and 28 million for set up. Navy trained IT makes 1100-2900 as well per year, and the DoD already spent money training these people.

Halliburton cooks in Iraq make 170000 a year to sit in a airconditioned trailer on base to serve troops food. The military has its own cooks, and guess what, they make 1100-2900 a year as well. But they are not being used simply because all of these contractors have political affiliations (GOP), and have bought their way into doing military jobs, stealing them from the very people you supposedly support.

So military spending is by far unchecked, and honestly the majority of it goes to contractors.

After all the military USED to be the #1 place to get technical training. Most people after getting out would be able to transfer to a civilian job that was their MOS or rate, now however most of those MOSes or ratings are being demolished and the jobs given to civilians.

I am sure you would be really pissed if the goverment came to your job one day and said "your fired, we dont want you anymore, because Pablo's father here gave me $50 to let him do your job, and im going to pay him 10 times what I paid you. Well that is what the republicans have done do the military, so god bless the United States of Rush.

Also "liberty", you make me laugh. Imagine for a minute we are attacked, invaded, and defeated. An official from a foreign government says "You will live as a communist from now on, because its better than capitalism" I gaurantee you will be fighting them tooth and nail. Now we are only a few hundred years old (the US) imagine a country that has had a government for THOUSANDS of years being told that "you will live as a democratic capitalist society, because your government is wrong" That is exactly what is happening in Iraq. They dont want us there, they never asked for our help, along with vietnam, cuba, panama, etc, etc, etc. I say let countries have their own revolutions, only when they impeed on another country, and that country ASK for help should we intervene.

BTW I originaly came here to share a story of a car I saw today, it had a bumper sticker on it.

"The GOP Healthcare Program: Don't Get Sick"

That sadly is the truth.

Also!

Chop top mining has not changed, in 2001 I was sent (by the red cross) to West Virginia because of massive flooding... caused by chop top mining. The mines that have been closed since then are still open pit, and still polute the hell out of the watershed.

Also coal miners usualy have no other choice, if you ever visit a coal mining town you will see a poor educational system, poor people, and poor health. It all boils down to as usual $$, the cheaper they can hire laborers the better. (and trust me, the typical miner doesnt make much)

Obama the worst pres in history? You kidding right? Mind you I dont think he is anywhere near the greatest (I reserve that spot for FDR) but honestly I would have to say Regan or W fills the spot as the worst, followed closely by nixon.

and finaly my last rant on you. 0% of the electricity where I live is coal fired. it is all hydro electric, wind, and nuclear. I dont NEED coal to power my computer, no one NEEDS coal to power their computer. Steel however I will agree on.

US should not maintain military bases on foreign soil, period. We maintain bases on defeated people (some who are now friendly) as well as on allies. So it is not as if we have the bases to flex our muscles and scare the local populace.

Oppressed people do not need us to liberate them. They can certainly help themselves the same way every other country that is a free country did it. By spilling their own blood, not ours. My ancestors paid for my freedom with their lives and I am damn proud and thankful. What are future Iraqi generations going to say about their freedom? Oh, the Americans handed it to us and paid for it with their blood too.

I think the Iraq government is very likely to default to their old way or to collapse entirely. Not because that is what the people want to happen, but they have minimal vested interest. For the most part they stood back and tried not to get shot and had very little with overthrowing the old regime. For those reasons they won't care if it works or not. For us in the USA, we know the debt that has been paid and fight tooth and nail to uphold what they died for.

Historians 50+ years from now will be able to analyze who was better or worse because the full repercussions from their actions are often not felt for generations. Until then anyone claiming someone is terrible or worst is just talking to hear themselves talk.

I agree that Iraq will go back to its old ways (which is the excuse military uses to get more funding and more soldiers to be sent to Iraq).

I'm kinda against the wrong wars, even though I (on the technology/engineering side) work for one of those "contractors," making sure our troops have the best of the best technology out there! And now FY11 funding is so bad that US defense companies are forced to lay people off. We already got the voluntary/involuntary layoff emails. I'm safe for now because of the department I'm in, but who knows what will happen in the future. (I'm going to get out of this industry and go back to pharmaceutical/biotechnology where I help making medications/drugs for sick people...that's what I reaaaally want to do)

If you look at the middle east, the times where there actually was a "revolution," it was by the people of that specific country. It wasn't because another country went in and fought them!

We all can have a civil war about republicans/democrats/conservatives/liberals/etc. but nothing will get fixed by fighting ourselves! Let's focus on something that works...

(this is my philosophy of life: I try to come up with a solution. Who cares who is right and who is wrong...a solution that makes all mostly happy is what is needed)

Let's not compare this country to Britain or Canada or France. Let's compare to Massachusetts that says their "universal" health care IS NOT working!! Why do we want to copy something that ISN'T working?

I'll say this again: this would have been the solution to healthcare (written August '09): http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204251404574342170072865070.html

oh and Justin, I liiike what you say :wub:

why is everyone getting all worked up in this thread?

i mean its great that everyone has different opinions and we can all discuss about them and still be cool with one another BUT

the government will always do as they please... no matter what the people think.. its always been that way... no way of beating it

thats my opinion....if you disagree with me its ok im not going to argue with anyone

why is everyone getting all worked up in this thread?

i mean its great that everyone has different opinions and we can all discuss about them and still be cool with one another BUT

the government will always do as they please... no matter what the people think.. its always been that way... no way of beating it

thats my opinion....if you disagree with me its ok im not going to argue with anyone

Dude you are right, the gov is going to do what is best for them, aka line their pockets. There is only one truth and this is true in all countries around the world, creed and politications go hand in hand.

Think about this, why are all wars fought? Power and what comes from power? Money

ok here is something for this so called "health care plan"

thats like my gf. she has adolescent seizures. her meds are 1200 a month. she works to help her parents pay for food. other than that her family has no income. her dad will now be getting 800 or so a month. so they are taking her medicare away. she wont have any way to pay for her medication. she applied for ss/disability and they deny her everytime. yet a crack addict can go in and get disability because they are deemed unable to work. its a bunch of sh1t. health care plan my ass

seems like health care is screwing her family over bigtime. she cannot be suddenly taken off the medication, or else it will throw her into a full grandma seizure.

thats like my gf. she has adolescent seizures. her meds are 1200 a month. she works to help her parents pay for food. other than that her family has no income. her dad will now be getting 800 or so a month. so they are taking her medicare away. she wont have any way to pay for her medication. she applied for ss/disability and they deny her everytime. yet a crack addict can go in and get disability because they are deemed unable to work. its a bunch of sh1t. health care plan my ass

seems like health care is screwing her family over bigtime. she cannot be suddenly taken off the medication, or else it will throw her into a full grandma seizure.

Dude that sucks, it seems lately this country has gotten in to the business of screwing over it's citizens. The only thing this is the same problem that health care had before all this anyway. There isn't enough money out there in medicare or the disability funds these day to help those who really need it because they waste it on people or are out to kill themselves. I hope it works out for you.

Maybe she should try looking into a pro bono lawyer that could help her and her family out.

she should be able to get the presciption from the emergency room at the local hospital or the local health clinic

an emergency room cant deny people help if they really need it.. they HAVE to set up payment plans etc

Dude that sucks, it seems lately this country has gotten in to the business of screwing over it's citizens. The only thing this is the same problem that health care had before all this anyway. There isn't enough money out there in medicare or the disability funds these day to help those who really need it because they waste it on people or are out to kill themselves. I hope it works out for you.

Maybe she should try looking into a pro bono lawyer that could help her and her family out.

well her dad just got compensation for the blood clots in his leg that was caused from his job. but they threw it out.

have her look into going on OHP, its free, and they will take her, and she will have full medical coverage.

ill let them know. because she is having to reapply for SS and Disability so that her insurance company cant drop her.

what is OHP?

she should be able to get the presciption from the emergency room at the local hospital or the local health clinic

an emergency room cant deny people help if they really need it.. they HAVE to set up payment plans etc

emergency room said no. and the payment plans they wanted them to pay were 250 a week and thats still to much.

i feel bad for her i really do. she is on a prenatal vitamin, iron pill, and 3 different seizure meds. its caused her to gain 45lbs in a year and made her depressed

yeah if shes knocked up she can get on the ohio health plan, it will cover her and her kid until 6mo after the kid is born, then she can appeal to stay on the program (since she will be considered a single mother)

thats like my gf. she has adolescent seizures. her meds are 1200 a month. she works to help her parents pay for food. other than that her family has no income. her dad will now be getting 800 or so a month. so they are taking her Medicare away. she wont have any way to pay for her medication. she applied for ss/disability and they deny her everytime. yet a crack addict can go in and get disability because they are deemed unable to work. its a bunch of sh1t. health care plan my ass

That is sad to hear. Have her contact the prescription manufactures, alot of them offer an assistance program. I hope she can get the assistance she needs, America is a generous country and I'm sure she will find help.

As to the heath care debate:

Wasn't it Obamas regime that has been defiling the Insurance companies for denying coverage due to Pre existing conditions? Last time I checked Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are government run insurance, are they not? From Davids story (and many, many others) Obamas regime has denied coverage based upon a Pre existing condition. How can this be? The messiah has lied again? I thought the messiah was going to fix all of this?

I can't believe how much faith people put in government. Hasn't anyone learned anything? Medicare is broke. Social security is broke. The war on poverty is a failure. The stimulus bill is a failure. TARP is a failure as it was passed. We are $12,400,000,000,000.00 in debt. See a trend? Anything the government tries to so called "fix" gets destroyed or fails. Now they have rammed a so called "Heath care fix'' down our throats. Any ideas how this is going to end unless its repealed?

You want a real fix? Let the insurance companies do business across state lines. Promote HSA's and TORT reform. I don't know maybe do the exact opposite of anything Mr. Obama, Nancy Pelosi, or Harry Reid wants.

Nope instead the elected regime has decided to wage war against the insurance companies to promote another entitlement to secure a permanent majority.

"Yes We Can, Yes We Can.............................................................Destroy America as it was founded"

I hope your happy liberals.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth"

Ronald Reagan

October 27, 1964

11/02/2010 You cant get here soon enough!

^you speak my mind :D

I can't wait for elections either! VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!

I'm sorry David for your gf...look into what's been said on here...I hope things work out...

Soooo many people are in need of so much and all the politicians can think of is their own damn careers! They should all go to hell-on-earth!!

yeah if shes knocked up she can get on the ohio health plan, it will cover her and her kid until 6mo after the kid is born, then she can appeal to stay on the program (since she will be considered a single mother)

no no no no lol the prenatal vitamin is so she can absorb her iron pill lol. its not for babies. we have no intention of kids for a long time.

That is sad to hear. Have her contact the prescription manufactures, alot of them offer an assistance program. I hope she can get the assistance she needs, America is a generous country and I'm sure she will find help.

As to the heath care debate:

Wasn't it Obamas regime that has been defiling the Insurance companies for denying coverage due to Pre existing conditions? Last time I checked Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are government run insurance, are they not? From Davids story (and many, many others) Obamas regime has denied coverage based upon a Pre existing condition. How can this be? The messiah has lied again? I thought the messiah was going to fix all of this?

I can't believe how much faith people put in government. Hasn't anyone learned anything? Medicare is broke. Social security is broke. The war on poverty is a failure. The stimulus bill is a failure. TARP is a failure as it was passed. We are $12,400,000,000,000.00 in debt. See a trend? Anything the government tries to so called "fix" gets destroyed or fails. Now they have rammed a so called "Heath care fix'' down our throats. Any ideas how this is going to end unless its repealed?

You want a real fix? Let the insurance companies do business across state lines. Promote HSA's and TORT reform. I don't know maybe do the exact opposite of anything Mr. Obama, Nancy Pelosi, or Harry Reid wants.

Nope instead the elected regime has decided to wage war against the insurance companies to promote another entitlement to secure a permanent majority.

"Yes We Can, Yes We Can.............................................................Destroy America as it was founded"

I hope your happy liberals.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth"

Ronald Reagan

October 27, 1964

11/02/2010 You cant get here soon enough!

yeah sheis still working with some places that say they will cover her, but in the end its just another insurance company looking to make money

^you speak my mind :D

I can't wait for elections either! VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!

I'm sorry David for your gf...look into what's been said on here...I hope things work out...

Soooo many people are in need of so much and all the politicians can think of is their own damn careers! They should all go to hell-on-earth!!

yeah me too. 1200 a month is more than i make in two months

You can't blame the current administration for your ladies' current health care issues. None of the stuff they just passed has gone into effect yet.

Likewise with the denying of coverages - until now the systems were working on the original set of rules which allowed denying. Not the fault of the current administration.

I'm all for calling out the failures of politicians, but you guys need to get some of your facts straight before you go blasting someone for their failures.

Some of you act like Obama, or Bush, or Clinton were the reasons why this country has so many problems. The issues go so much deeper and farther back. The inherent issue is that the average person over the last century now thinks that 'someone' owes them something. We have gone from a quiet industrial & agrarian country to one of a service & litigious society. We don't build anything anymore, we just tell other people what to do, buy all our products on credit, sue people over common sense issues and try to force our will on other people - fellow countrymen and foreigners included.

The reason I suggested a lawyer is because there are always loop holes in these things. The problem is most of us regular people don't know what they are and where to find them. My buddy had a similar situation and he went to a local lawyer in a Pro Bono office and they were able to help.

These people have connections that we don't and they can find unique ways to get you in. Most of the Pro Bono staff are young lawyers, but there is also always an older lawyer or two that have connections. You should really try finding one in your area. Most bigger cities have an office.

Archived