Tips for me?

Jmwill90

I just ordered AEM's cold air intake. I have a pretty basic idea of how to install it but wondering if anyone has any pointers or things to look out for. It's going in a 1999 Honda Civic DX hatch.

its not a hard install..... just a few different things but the main part is to take out the old one all the way if anything i will go take pics and take mine off really quick and show you how i did mine

ok so this is with a dohc but there is nothing different that i can think of so check this out.

this is what yours looks like now

l_a4eb9ed73548464084db1849514cbedb.jpg

so you want to take the top of the box off and take the old filter out and take the bolt out of the bottom. not sure how many there are out. this way you can remove the old intake box. next is to take off the hose from the intake manifold. so after this you will want to put your rubber hose pice on it looks like

l_8605de112346456b92bb5739223400ac.jpg

so now that this is on you put your intake filter on the pipe so it looks like this

l_2e18a06646af4c4eaf7372d4f66b65ec.jpg

ok so you can either use the tube that they give you that goes from the valve cover to the intake or you can use a breather like this. you would have to have 2 one for intake pipe and one for valve cover

l_f6d5134d4d8d4c89ab07ba68855cb63a.jpg

and then you would put one on the valve cover

this is what it would look like if you use the breathers

l_e1f9927b4bdb40fea72b79d841ee4a7f.jpg

so that is what it would look like if you dont use the breather

l_c7bdca90df194f35bcd9223521c90780.jpg

now you will put it all together like this. and tighting the other bolt on from the rubber on to the intake pipe and you are done.

l_8b9ab873c53747f790e5d895275fa0ec.jpg

and in the end this is what you have

l_d45e46841ad44c30bee660d10946e761.jpg

Okay first thing first.

Take off your front bumper cover, remove the whole stock airbox assembly (big huge plastic box in the fenderwell) and the rest of the stock airbox.

DO NOT USE BREATHERS, hook it up the right way with the tubing from the valve cover to the intake.

Install the intake, then install the filter (you are going to have to do this from inside the wheel well.

Make sure you have a bypass valve installed in your intake piping to make sure you dont hydrolock.

Also make sure the liner is installed in your wheel well.

Archived