neew wheels, new problem

so i bought some fat fives the other day for my hatch.... i was rolling on steelies and found these for $150

in great condition painted black with tires that have 70% thread on them.

i put them on and realized that my car sits higher up now...(obviously since fat 5s ar 15inch wheels)

looks stock now so im guessing i had a 1.something inch drop before? idk but either way my question is what would be a nice setup for a hatch?

how low all around or how low in the front and how low in the back, also what are good tire sizes to get?

roads arent really bad here where i live...well they are but i dont care i want my car to look nice lol.....thanks in advance for any advice

Get some coilovers so you can adjust your ride height to your liking. I would suggest at least a 2" drop to get started.

yeah i think i might do that, thanks

The size of the wheel isn't the issue, it is the size of the rubber. what size is on there?

tire size is 195,65,15

wow, those are balloons! your target tire size should be 195/50/15, 195/55/15 or 205/50/15. 195/50 is perfect but is an uncommon size and many tire companies do not make it.

Each of these three sizes I mentioned are within 2-3% of the stock diameter. Your ride height and speedometer will be stock equivalent.

wow, those are balloons! your target tire size should be 195/50/15, 195/55/15 or 205/50/15. 195/50 is perfect but is an uncommon size and many tire companies do not make it.

Each of these three sizes I mentioned are within 2-3% of the stock diameter. Your ride height and speedometer will be stock equivalent.

oooh... thanks a lot, ill definetely look into those tire sizes first before i even go out buying coilovers

my fat fives had 65's on it, they are meaty as fucck, i threw mt ls meshies on there with 50's and it works perfect, i have about a 3.5-4 inch drop

4 inches? wtf lol.... do you run ants over with your bumper?

Yeah, I'm sitting somewhere a shade lower then a 3in drop and had to go from 15s down to 14s to keep from grinding my wheel wells. The diameters were the same, but the 14s are a bit narrower.

Tire size plays a large part in stance.

4 inches is pretty low, but my bumper sticks out more than it sits low, and i went from 195/65/15 fat fives to 195/55/15 ls meshies cause the fat fives would hit fender at a turn in a half

Yeah, I'm sitting somewhere a shade lower then a 3in drop and had to go from 15s down to 14s to keep from grinding my wheel wells. The diameters were the same, but the 14s are a bit narrower.

Tire size plays a large part in stance.

hmm.. i knew tire size affected it somehow didnt know it affected it this much... thanks for the advice

i wantz mudflaps for mine.. :(

PM preston. he had a use set from his without hardware he was going to sell me for pretty cheap a while back. with his kit they didn't fit anymore.

actually if you look at it my lip is level with my side skirts, what now nugka bish!!!

true... plus lips dont really add much drop

they kinda go on the bumper like a glove on a hand...

doesnt hang that low from the actual bumper... at least mine doesnt lol

• 3 weeks later...

and only two were all purpose tires, the other 9 were summer/dry only.

exact same site and search for 195/55/15 netted 38 results....my point is made. 195/55 is much more common - and available on lesser expensive all-season performance tires as opposed to ultra performance summer only. Thats all. I never said you couldn't get them, just less available.

what did the first post say?

roads arent really bad here where i live...well they are but i dont care i want my car to look nice lol.....thanks in advance for any advice

he wants his car to look nice. 195/55/55 are still gonna be a little thick, so he should get 195/50's.

Archived