engine trouble

78civicguy

check it out ...bought my 1978 honda civic cvcc like three months ago its a beuty for 800$ runing...but latelty i have been having trouble with it the car starts but will not stay on im thinking it can be a vacume leak, or somethings up with the carburator or the fuel system ...please any help would be great thanks. :)

youve got the right idea. check all the vaccum lines and such. run some seafoam through it too. it does wonders. check all of your grounds too and make sure that you dont have a loose wire

check it out ...bought my 1978 honda civic cvcc like three months ago its a beuty for 800$ runing...but latelty i have been having trouble with it the car starts but will not stay on im thinking it can be a vacume leak, or somethings up with the carburator or the fuel system ...please any help would be great thanks. :)

thanks i will do that...but i have never heard of seafoam how does that work? thanks

It's just an all purpose engine cleaner. Most likely not what your problem is.

Checking for disconnected or cracked vacuum lines. Car that old they should all be rubber and unless recently replaced they might be pretty worn. Check your fuel filter and fuel lines as well. Check the spark plugs for fouling. Get some carb cleaner. Lots of little maintenance things to check with a car of this age.

Speaking of car this age: I have been longing for a little cvcc to store in the back of my garage for a future project. If possible you need to get some pictures up and let us know a little back history on this classic bit of Honda you have here.

Looks nice. Judging from the blue plate I am going to guess this has been continuously registered in Cali since new?

BTW, you are not permitted to sell this car, working or not, to anyone outside of HF. 8)

Archived