Eastern Blizzard

diablo2dusk

So if the past weekends dump of just about 2 feet on me wasnt enough, we just got another 2 last night and its STILL snowing like a bear. Really regretting not having snow tires put on the subie.

In the pic of my car i came home really late last night, about 3a.m. and theres already about a foot on it.

DSC04313.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

^fire would be better than salt!

I was surprised last winter (my first winter) to see that they use salt...it makes it take longer to melt...

The whole state of Maryland only has 2 plows...seriously! So not ready for snow here

I want warm nice sunny days :D

They keep telling me that too: this is the worst winter in many years...

I really believe that the "we have seasons here...pretty fall and pretty spring" is not really true. Fall lasts 1 month and the last week of that is sooo cold. Spring is all pollen and just gets a bit warmer until summer (the 2.5 short months June to mid August) rolls around and it's sooo humid. I started to have allergies and learned what "dry skin during winter" is just when I moved here.

I'm used to the 10 years I lived in LA: it's always sunny and nice 70's. Winter = rain for a few random weeks and that's it. But then there is the population and air pollution and the crazy culture and traffic.

/my rant :p

you could always live in ohio. its snowing and 15 below one month and the next is 105 degrees with no clouds and 100% humidity. yeah fk this weather, i want florida.

on the subject of snow we have 3' snow drifts along the highway...watched a guy in a porsche plow one over haha.

zzzzzzzzzooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................BAM!

...fcuk...

on the subject of snow we have 3' snow drifts along the highway...watched a guy in a porsche plow one over haha.

zzzzzzzzzooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................BAM!

...fcuk...

haha yeah, thats not possible here cuz all our highways are shut down completely. 81 is closed from maryland all the way to NY.

I love winter and it is wonderful that this winter is finally back to a 'normal' winter. Unlike the pathetic winters of the past 15 years.

I would never live in a location that did not have significant snowfall each year. Without the snow the spring/summer/fall seasons become meaningless and you wouldn't enjoy them.

I love winter and it is wonderful that this winter is finally back to a 'normal' winter. Unlike the pathetic winters of the past 15 years.

I would never live in a location that did not have significant snowfall each year. Without the snow the spring/summer/fall seasons become meaningless and you wouldn't enjoy them.

well said

el nino and snowmageddon

lol

it just keeps raining here.. rivers have been over flood point for like 2 weeks or so

we have seasons heres.. dec-early march is wintery... march-may is springy.. june-september summery (august=f'in hot)... october-dec fally

:)

Much of the southern states still have defined seasons but come on, there are thousands of people living in SC that do not have windows or doors on their homes (I've spent quite a bit of time in back-country central SC) How cold does your winter actually get?

FL and other gulf coast regions as well as most of the west coast are completely undefined from one month to the next. For me, personally, I have no desire to live in those places. I wish all of the people who dislike the snow and cold can go move further south and stop clogging up my nice state.

Personally, i'm enjoying the day off. Wish I could've made it to Ski Roundtop or Liberty... But apart from a stiff back, this is great! Gonna have to get a pic of my Sol in the driveway tomorrow... Snow banks will be 6"+ above the roof :laugh:

But now they're calling for a third storm early next week... I'm gonna need a back brace :crazy:

Much of the southern states still have defined seasons but come on, there are thousands of people living in SC that do not have windows or doors on their homes (I've spent quite a bit of time in back-country central SC) How cold does your winter actually get?

where in sc do we not have doors? lol

in winter it gets in the low teens on the colder nights.. normally its about low 20's high teens.. sometimes we have dipped into single digits.. had a heck of a ice storm in '04.. no power for like a week..more in some other places

summer its right about 95-100.. with horrible humidity.. fall spring are in the 70's

but WE GET SNOW TONIGHT!!!!! 100% CHANCE!!

downside: people dont know how to drive in snow here

upside: i dont have to drive anywhere

where in sc do we not have doors? lol

In Ninety Six, for one thing. Wife's home town. In the countryside around town there are lots of ramshackle houses with blankets for doors and windows.

i have no idea where that town in lol

lina - we have no plows hahaha

we have one that they claim is a plow but i think it might just be a scooper attached to the front of a truck

14 wrecks on one part of one highway in the last hour lol

shut down the main road through the old part of columbia

shut down multiple parts of interstates.. and the ones that are not shut down are only 1 lane

(this is only after 4 inches of measurable snow btw calling for like 8)

i stay home

ROFL. This last storm swung south and missed us. It is sunny and calm here today. I just finished shoveling my sidewalk - only took me a week to dig through the 5 foot deep drifts.

Archived