post your snow pics (and rants)!

By the way, I... really... HATE THIS EFFING SNOW.

Took me two hours to get home. Got stuck twice and I was less than a mile away. Left the car in a parking lot two houses down. Looks like it was abandoned... Also sacrificed my driver's side taillight just so I can get home. Neighbor with a Jeep pushed me.

11069_364207530623_759865623_10396319_7426903_n.jpg

11069_364207360623_759865623_10396316_4118594_n.jpg

11069_364224915623_759865623_10396409_1917169_n.jpg

(^guess what came off...)

11069_364224880623_759865623_10396406_5611242_n.jpg

11069_364224890623_759865623_10396407_4450421_n.jpg

11069_364224900623_759865623_10396408_2464027_n.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take note of that last pic: Each other vehicle is a 4x4. I don't understand why people bother driving small passenger cars in weather like that. :crazy: That's what the $1500 jeep is for dude!.

What was that broken piece in your passenger seat?

I worked with a tree company yesterday..they have big E750's (2wd, dually rear standard front) ..it has been raining like no other here lately.

And one of these, an International -- Which has a 4wheel drive setup mind you --

index2.jpg

The hilarity of this is the 4wd International sunk THREE times yesterday, and the truck I was in..a Ford E750 which is almost identical, only 2wd with some grippier tires had to pull his crap out several times.

Funny how stuff like that works. Featherweight FWD Civic's putting along while big 4wd vehicles just slip, slide and sink in places you'd think they'd crawl over. LOL.

I worked with a tree company yesterday..they have big E750's (2wd, dually rear standard front) ..it has been raining like no other here lately.

And one of these, an International -- Which has a 4wheel drive setup mind you --

index2.jpg

The hilarity of this is the 4wd International sunk THREE times yesterday, and the truck I was in..a Ford E750 which is almost identical, only 2wd with some grippier tires had to pull his crap out several times.

Funny how stuff like that works. Featherweight FWD Civic's putting along while big 4wd vehicles just slip, slide and sink in places you'd think they'd crawl over. LOL.

thats about like our old 3 cylinder metro...that thing could go anywhere lol

Downside to those big bastards is they're six speed.. They have practically no first gear as it's so short but if you go to shift while you're sliding or sinking you're shafted.

What makes a cherokee so nice. Light enough you don't sink everywhere, full time 4x4 with auto lockers. some nice m/s lugs on it and I go anywhere i want in the winter.

I've taken my F150 through some mud before.. I'm by no means calling it a mud truck, but the BFG's I have on the rims (which are in fact 20"s, factory Harley F150 rims) are TREAAAAADYYYYYYYY. And wider than they should be.. As long as I keep the pedal town and the tires barely spinning very seldom do I chance getting stuck.

Take note of that last pic: Each other vehicle is a 4x4. I don't understand why people bother driving small passenger cars in weather like that. :crazy:

+1

me and chris are trying to pick up a cheap f-150 or something.. if we get any nasty weather around here (normally sleet/ice storms before snow) i dont like driving our cars.. too low and chances of getting hit are too high

the cherokee looks like a battleaxe.

rust holes. one door doesn't open, rear hatch trim fell off, when torching a broken lug I caught the wheel itself on fire - now the wheel is all blackened, fuel door doesn't close, and it is missing 75% of it's paint - just bare primer, raspy hole in the exhaust, power steering leak, real axle leak, blown shocks..... What a wreck. :D

And the rickety bastard still starts up and drives..

Gotta credit at the VERY least JEEP for building a halfway reliable car, not so much the turd it had ziptied to it by the name of CHRYSLER..

my ex bought a jeep cherokee for like $200.. we painted it bright industrial orange.. took it to what is called 'mudders day' around here (huge mud pits and what not).. beat the crap out of it all day.. still ran afterwards lol

there is a really nice white f150 in the police impound lot.. trying to find out how much they want for it.. hopefully be able to pick up a nice truck for not much

And the rickety bastard still starts up and drives..

Gotta credit at the VERY least JEEP for building a halfway reliable car, not so much the turd it had ziptied to it by the name of CHRYSLER..

Starts every time. Wife wants to drive it to NC this summer. Told her we have to fix the axle seal, otherwise it's ready to roll. 1500 miles here we come.

11069_364207360623_759865623_10396316_4118594_n.jpg

11069_364224880623_759865623_10396406_5611242_n.jpg

If you note in the first pic, the car hiding behind mine is a typical small car (Hyundai Elantra) Second pic, I guess that's a 4x4 also, because Monte Carlos are one.

My car has never failed me whatsoever, except yesterday getting stuck two-three times. I'm not gonna bother buying a 4x4 just to use in the winter.

(and that broken piece is one of my door moldings)

maybe you shouldn't be taking pictures while you're driving in bad weather, just an idea

i gave up driving home last night, made it to my brother's house, parked the car and had my boyfriend pick me up

• 2 weeks later...

tires mean so much. having light weight isn't always a good thing in snow and ice. my 4000lb truck just slid on top of everything, my friends 3/4 ton suburban went through everything because it would sink into solid stuff that the tires could bite into. skinny tires are also better in snow. it also helps to not have your car so low.....

Archived