engine swap

Kustom16

dude the H22s are to big for not enough power thw h22a only puts out about 190 HP on a 2.2 cylinder engine. Also those engines are older technoilogy. The b18s on the other hand are great a puts out just about the same amount of power. But if you are looking for something cheep and has power the h22a is the way to go. Personaly, the B18 are over all is a better running, longer lasting, and lighter.

dude the H22s are to big for not enough power thw h22a only puts out about 190 HP on a 2.2 cylinder engine. Also those engines are older technoilogy. The b18s on the other hand are great a puts out just about the same amount of power. But if you are looking for something cheep and has power the h22a is the way to go. Personaly, the B18 are over all is a better running, longer lasting, and lighter.

2. H22A's have 200hp.

3. Torque is the reason people buy H22A's.

4. A B18 swap cost less than an H22A swap.

Depends what b18, most b18cs, either the GSR or ITR type will run from $2,700-$5,000 depeding on miles, year, and condition.

H22s you can find a lot cheaper, 2400 range, and these are reasonable estimates, this does not inlcude your hook ups etc... I own an online store, and I know I can get both cheaper than this, but just to give an idea.

Reason why the h22s are not favorable, HEAVY! They completely throw off the balance of an already unbalancing setup, FWD. If you thought FWD pushes in turns with a 1.6-1.8 liter engine, wait till u get the 2.2 in it.

And for some reason, not too specific here, found the b-series engines last longer than the h-series.

Well racing 75 lbs is a difference when your always trying to lose weight, also from the new added torque beast, there is a lot more torque stear that one would have to get use to as well, since the axles are uneven in length. It's a good motor, but unless your going in a straight line, I wouldn't put it in a civic nor any integra.

Archived