Noobie here

xpeed

Hi there. Just checking out various forums and found this. Seems like a great place to be. I don't own a Honda at the moment, but I am in the market in searching for a 92 Civic Hatch for a project car.

A bit of myself:

I'm a graphic design/media designer as a profession but I draw cars for a hobby and I do sell them as a second job.

I own a 2003 Infiniti FX35 and a 2005 Toyota Camry (lightly modded).

That's about it. =D

Hi there. Just checking out various forums and found this. Seems like a great place to be. I don't own a Honda at the moment, but I am in the market in searching for a 92 Civic Hatch for a project car.

A bit of myself:

I'm a graphic design/media designer as a profession but I draw cars for a hobby and I do sell them as a second job.

I own a 2003 Infiniti FX35 and a 2005 Toyota Camry (lightly modded).

That's about it. =D

AHHAHAHAH! Alot of 92 Hatch buying going on!

Welcome and check out my thread, on my find!

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=35854&hl=

Hahaha, yeah. The reason why isn't because everyone's jumping on them. It's because I figure it would be a nice little lightweight car to toss around on the track. I'm not planning to drive it on the street once I do because it'll be built from the ground up for track use only. Had a friend that had one, but he sold it before I found out about it, so I got a bit disappointed at him for selling it without letting me know. If I can't find one for a decent price, I would probably try to find a MKIV Supra or a S13 240sx. It's either I find a project car or I get a new car and I'm currently looking at a Subaru WRX Sti or the 2010 Legacy GT. I don't feel like modding my FX35 or my Camry any more. ('__')

^ Haha, that's because I took the picture when I was at Big Bear Lake last year. It snowed on the way up and snowed more during the night. Let me tell you though, those chains didn't do jack. My FX kept sliding down on steep inclines and the cabin I rented had a steep hill to get to so I was lucky enough to get there before the road iced over and all. Times like those I regret not getting awd as an option for the car. Plus those chains were ridiculously overpriced. Good thing I BSed my way to get a full refund at Pip Boys when I came back down.

^ Haha, that's because I took the picture when I was at Big Bear Lake last year. It snowed on the way up and snowed more during the night. Let me tell you though, those chains didn't do jack. My FX kept sliding down on steep inclines and the cabin I rented had a steep hill to get to so I was lucky enough to get there before the road iced over and all. Times like those I regret not getting awd as an option for the car. Plus those chains were ridiculously overpriced. Good thing I BSed my way to get a full refund at Pip Boys when I came back down.

you live close to big bear? i remember trying to get up the hwy 18 side in my truck when the roads iced over. id be parked on the side of the road and still slowly sliding down the mountain.

^dude, Big Bear is only an hour and a half or 2 from LA...my friends and I used to go there to ski/snowboard...

Last time I went there, we had two suv's and I was driving one and ya you slide around, but you have to know when to take your foot off the gas and let traction help... :) I got both suv's up the driveway of the cabin because of this trick :D

And when we were coming back, the other driver kept breaking a lot so he heated his brakes. I had no problems...

nice i live in apple valley. well i'm in riverside until i graduate in december. i haven't been skiing in 3 years, was and still is by far my favorite sport. i did volunteer ski patrol for a season back in 2004/2005, free passes ftw!

the ice got so bad one time on the highway 18 side by the cement factory that when i tried to make a u-turn to head back down instead of turning around i just kept going straight. i had to kind of do a semi controlled backwards/sideways slide down the mountain till i managed to turn around. my little ranger didn't have nearly enough weight in the thing to hold it down.

Archived