speeding up your 1995 honda civic dx/ex

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya i want to, seems kinda fun

but its like, what car do i practice on? and i feel like it would get "old" and id want an easy no-thinking automatic back.

any idea on this bro?:

the 0-60 is when u floor it....i mean, im just "pissing in the wind here" trying to find ideas but...maybe cuz im not flooring either car (something with how the gears aare setup or something?), maybe thats why the lancer feels quicker than the civic?

ya i want to, seems kinda fun

but its like, what car do i practice on? and i feel like it would get "old" and id want an easy no-thinking automatic back.

any idea on this bro?:

the 0-60 is when u floor it....i mean, im just "pissing in the wind here" trying to find ideas but...maybe cuz im not flooring either car (something with how the gears aare setup or something?), maybe thats why the lancer feels quicker than the civic?

ask a friend? i know people that have bought a manual, had a friend drop them off in it in a field, and they learned through trial and error until they could drive themselves home. it's the fastest way to learn and you don't have your dad laughing at you in the passenger seat (speaking from experience). after a little while it becomes such second nature that you don't even think about it. in stop and go traffic a prefer a manual because the throttle response off the line is great for keeping people from jumping in front of you in a manual i press the accelerator, wait for it to pick a gear, then accelerate.

not flooring either car then trying to discern which is faster isn't very logical. the lancer may just have snappier throttle response or better low end torque 9something hondas really lack) which at part throttle would make it feel a little quicker.

you dont know how to drive a manual? huh

i taught my little brother how to drive my car when he was 14 :laugh:

the younger the better right? my youngest sister (14) is a bit of car enthusiast and i'm tempted to take her out in my car to the dry lake bed and give her some lessons. would be fun to have someone in the family who was as into cars as I am but my parents would kill me.

well seeing how low my car is i couldnt take him to a field, lol

i let him drive around at the park and then part of the way home, lol

my step dad taught me how to drive manual when i was 15, its better to learn young because you dont have bad habbits when youre young and a new driver :thumbsup:

Archived