Brian's NEW Build Thread

BrIaN EG2

yea castrol sucks. we took the vc off to replace the head and it smelled horrible and had a ton of sludge buildup. how come your straying from rp? isnt it suppose to be really freakin good?

cant wait to see your sol when its turboed. what are your plans after that? maybe brake upgrade? since your gonna be goin faster ya gotta stop faster lol

all about money.. RP is too much for just the 1hp it gains

after build.. i want a brake kit (wish i could get project mu, or spoon) and ill try and get the EDM garnish, jdm front end, new wheels, bride seats, takata harnesses, roll cage, aaaannnddd PAINT! oh and probally a new steeringwheel with a quick release hub :)

and ill be doing my secret interior stuffz soon hopefully :happy:

c*nt

why so hostile? ohmy.gif

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol sorry, only messin. just jealous! tongue.gif

Gonna be so sick when u get all the other goodies on ya wish list.

But a JDM front end? whats the difference?

USDM front has reflectors like colter said but the JDM front has no reflectors, foglights, bumperpole, and the headlights are one piece

Lols. Now brian, that is just retarded. Just smooth over where those gash little reflecters are, and find some bumper strips!

EK4 side bumper moldings belong on a EK4.. not a del sol.. looks retarded IMO

oh i gots new pictures for you kids :)

84mm bored with dart sleeves, MMMM TITS!

148427_1623001338503_1340552494_31955868_8195001_n.jpg

blueprinted/balanced crank and turbo cams

150319_1623002258526_1340552494_31955869_36576_n.jpg

PISTONNNNNSSSSS!! :happy:

148830_1623003338553_1340552494_31955870_7178525_n.jpg

should be on the dyno saturday.. so me and jesse are going there saturday morning to BS with them and take a few pictures and videos :p

• 5 weeks later...

Soooooo.. not too sure if i mentioned this to anyone or on here at all but we nixxed the garrett GT35R and are going with a Precision 62/62mm turbo and are only going to use 25psi off that turbo.. should be in the ballpark of 680 - 700fwhp on race tune.. 700+fwhp on 119 octane racefuel BUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

i know i know sebby.. the shop had issues with the machine shop the took my block and head to and he was lolly gagging with the block and was supposed to bore it out a tad bit more but "accidentally" bored it too much (84.5mm) so they made him order new pistons for the build.. they just got the block and everything put together except the turbo.. the turbo and wastegate should be in by monday and it should be broke in and tuned ready to go by wednesday..

and yes sebby 700whp >:]

i want mag coverage and if a 700whp daily driven del sol doesnt do it then i have no idea WTF will lol.. of course i know i need a few more things for the car to make it more "pretty" like wheels, some interior work, and a tad bit of body work.. but the engine is DONE!

car should be running low 10's high 9's with slicks, a traction bar, and a good driver :)

oh and a little update on the body work.. my insurance is FINALLY fixing my fuccking door and other dents, just have a $200 deductable.. CANT WAIT!! :happy:

i know i know sebby.. the shop had issues with the machine shop the took my block and head to and he was lolly gagging with the block and was supposed to bore it out a tad bit more but "accidentally" bored it too much (84.5mm) so they made him order new pistons for the build.. they just got the block and everything put together except the turbo.. the turbo and wastegate should be in by monday and it should be broke in and tuned ready to go by wednesday..

and yes sebby 700whp >:]

i want mag coverage and if a 700whp daily driven del sol doesnt do it then i have no idea WTF will lol.. of course i know i need a few more things for the car to make it more "pretty" like wheels, some interior work, and a tad bit of body work.. but the engine is DONE!

car should be running low 10's high 9's with slicks, a traction bar, and a good driver :)

oh and a little update on the body work.. my insurance is FINALLY fixing my fuccking door and other dents, just have a $200 deductable.. CANT WAIT!! :happy:

and what's done to the trans? I must have missed it. because without anything done to it that 700hp won't be going anywhere..and are you tuning the boost gear dependent?

all about money.. RP is too much for just the 1hp it gains

you should NOT run royal purple for horsepower.. its stupid.. the hp gain shows the lower friction it provides

royal purple is a VERY good oil.. better then mobil 1.. mobil 1 isnt 'bad' but its older technology and royal purple beats it in every test for protection

and i find it hard to believe you'll put this much money in a motor and NOT buy amsoil (15-20/quart or somthing like that) or at minimum royal purple (~7-8/quart)

and what made you choose that size turbo? also why did you choose that intercooler design?

What fuel system are you running? how much are you changing the cooling system?

and you never said what new wastegate you were going with?

• 2 weeks later...

you should NOT run royal purple for horsepower.. its stupid.. the hp gain shows the lower friction it provides

and what made you choose that size turbo? also why did you choose that intercooler design?

What fuel system are you running? how much are you changing the cooling system?

and you never said what new wastegate you were going with?

turbo size; great boost, quick spool for its size, GOBBS of power

intercooler; i told them go with the best FMIC for this build, so they went with the blackworks FMIC

fuel system; 1000cc bosch injectors, blox fuel rail, and fatty fuel lines, and a FPR

cooling system; staying stock.. seeing that when i was boosted before my temp gauge NEVER moved past the C, im not going to change the cooling system much at all.. maybe a fluidyne rad and a thin fan a little later but for now its staying stock

any more questions sarah?

and heres some pictures for you guys :)

163112_1679578072886_1340552494_32084001_3059413_n.jpg

167514_1679580352943_1340552494_32084002_1393964_n.jpg

33788_1679577232865_1340552494_32084000_7448402_n.jpg

168762_1679074260291_1340552494_32083027_4233186_n.jpg

any more questions sarah?

yes actually

so besides what you could have read from reviews of the turbo or were told by the shop did you look at the compressor map? do you have it? you should out it with the build stuff to show you picked that turbo because YOU looked at effiecieny and all that (unless the shop did it for you or was not considered)

I just found that design interesting.. i've also never heard of blackworks.. maybe its a honda thing.. link to intercooler?

I also didnt see a blox fuel rail (link?).. i did see a blox fuel pressure regulator.. interesting you went with that.. heard their stuff was kinda cheap? Why are you not going with a larger fuel pump? bigger lines and injector are going to need a better pump.

ae you sure your temp sensor is not broke? it shold have went past cold.. if it didnt your car wouldnt have been running at optimum temp. ever.. and not to mention if you say it stayed at the bottom 'c' your saying your thermostat never opened? also isnt it a dumb idea NOT to better the cooling system? is it not true that higher octance fuel has its rating because it wont ignite until a higher temperature? so as you can imagine there will be much higher temps for 115 octane (or whatever you said your going to get 700 hp with).

you also never said what wastegate you are going with

yes actually

so besides what you could have read from reviews of the turbo or were told by the shop did you look at the compressor map? do you have it? you should out it with the build stuff to show you picked that turbo because YOU looked at effiecieny and all that (unless the shop did it for you or was not considered)

I just found that design interesting.. i've also never heard of blackworks.. maybe its a honda thing.. link to intercooler?

I also didnt see a blox fuel rail (link?).. i did see a blox fuel pressure regulator.. interesting you went with that.. heard their stuff was kinda cheap? Why are you not going with a larger fuel pump? bigger lines and injector are going to need a better pump.

ae you sure your temp sensor is not broke? it shold have went past cold.. if it didnt your car wouldnt have been running at optimum temp. ever.. and not to mention if you say it stayed at the bottom 'c' your saying your thermostat never opened? also isnt it a dumb idea NOT to better the cooling system? is it not true that higher octance fuel has its rating because it wont ignite until a higher temperature? so as you can imagine there will be much higher temps for 115 octane (or whatever you said your going to get 700 hp with).

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

i dont see how exactly she is hating, just asking questions that it seems like he overlooked.

and a stock transmission and 700whp isnt gonna work sorry.

and you WILL have to make the cooling system better, i can assure you of that.

good luck daily driving that thing.

yes actually

i didnt really look around too much on the turbo, i noticed that ALOT of drag cars out here use precision and i asked quite a few shops about their turbos and everyone said that precision turbos were just about the best you could buy... plus i put alot of trust into my builder seeing as he has built ALOT of cars and his past few jobs are very creditable

as for the intercooler, it weights ALOT less than my old egay one and will support alot more than the janky one i had.. they use alot of blackworks at this shop and a few shops ive been to out here in cali actually.. i had never heard of them before either..

yes we did go with a bigger pump, i forgot to put that down when i wrote everything else.. the usual walbro 255.. and blox is the same as skunk2.. people that used to work for skunk2 made the company blox... will it get changed? yes eventually it will.. but for now ill rock blox..

im sure my temp sensor isnt broke before i put my old turbo kit on my temp would sit in/around the middle and also after i took it off about the same.. it sits a bit higher out here in cali.. i will be upgrading my cooling system like i said earlier, just not right now..

and adam i wont be pushing 700whp daily.. my daily tune will be around 370 - 430whp.. highboost pumpgas tune will be 500+ and my racetune with 119 octane will be 700+

EDIT:: forgot to put about the wastegate.. ill be using a 50mm precision wastegate, i thought i said that sometime before but that could have been HT.. my bad

I figured you'd end up around ~350 daily if numbers come out as planned.. still kinda sucky for a DD honda IMO lol

if temp is there its fine.. sounded like it never went to middle.. i'd still consider upgrading asap to be on the safe side

ive seen a lot of people use precision.. i want to keep the twins with the 1j and have no idea what i'm going to.. bf wants one of the new garrets or maybe one of the new borg warners? (i havent had time to look at them much).. its a good idea that you kinda let the shop help pick it though.. too many people just pick a random turbo and dont think about everything that goes into a GOOD turbo setup

Are you using an aftermarket ecu?

Archived