Brian's NEW Build Thread

BrIaN EG2

probably wasn't expecting it

just thought he'd club another seal

his cobra didn't sound like it was too tweaked to me, not even a ported blower judging from the lack of sound at the front when you were side by side for that short time. funny to see him hang through the wheelspin period, but i don't know terminators too hard. only two or three grand into them and they're open road beasts.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. I read this enitre thread. fracki*g epic. I wanna party with you lol

lmao thanks

probably wasn't expecting it

just thought he'd club another seal

his cobra didn't sound like it was too tweaked to me, not even a ported blower judging from the lack of sound at the front when you were side by side for that short time. funny to see him hang through the wheelspin period, but i don't know terminators too hard. only two or three grand into them and they're open road beasts.

lol probably wasnt.. my friend i work with is a mustang gear head, he said that if he would have got a bigger pulley and some head work it would have been a better race but from the look of it i still would have won lol.. i want to find something that will give me a better run, just cant find anything..

i have a friend that wants me to race his buddies 800whp integra.. but that wont go well lol.. street tire vs street tire on freeway.. we'll need a LOOOONG open strip lol

forsure johnny, if i get back on that side im going to take it to CFT to have it tuned.. the tune on it right now is a tad choppy, but i think it might possibly be my dizzy cap or rotar thats making it choppy..

ex: started it up yesterday and it sounded like a had a extreme cam in it, it was really lopey.. then i get on the gas and it sounds like a fkn subaru and all of a sudden its back to sounding normal.. itll be a tad choppy "soobie sounding" in random places here and there then normal again.. then itll go into limp mode and wont go past 3,500rpm.. i think its the dizzy cap and/or rotar but not 100% sure, im taking it all apart today and looking at my dizzy to see if thats the problem..

other than that i took it to the shop the past few days and had the tune tweaked on a bit and in 4th gear at half throttle, which is 10.7psi, i was spinning.. 5th gear pulls HARD!

friday night i went to cruisenight, which was a GINORMOUS fail, and played tag-a-long with my friend in a evo9 who was racing a guy in a evo10 for money.. needless to say i was all over their back bumpers waiting for one to get ahead of the other so i could pass lol..

wow nice brian i been on another forum for like a month or so good to see you finally got your car back. there are alot of good tuners on the west coast just all depends on where you are. i wanna see you race something worth racing like an f16 or something lol j/k but seriously find something better then a stock cobra to race. if your gonna race a cobra race a kenny built cobra like this for instance http://www.streetfire.net/video/cobra-outruns-cops_172313.htm lol

on another note i found out that t25 i have is a somewhat rare t25 .60 trim i was told its basically a t3 60 trim in a t25 shell i was like woot higher rpm powerband lol

I think someone means Kenne Bell Cobra..

Even just with the blower though it's not going to beat that Del Sol. Replace pulley, get your b/o's right and the blower and it should go neck and neck with the Del Sol from a low roll.

so the reason the car was running choppy was because one of my injector ground wasnt making a good connection.. so i pulled the wire through the connecter a little bit and it made a perfect connection and now my car is running strong again.. man i felt like a noob when i finally found out what it was lol.. ill have to take some pictures to show you guys what im describing.. kind of hard to describe without pictures..

a few more additions.. im getting new tires for the car soon, my fronts are COMPLETELY bald.. they look like street tire size slicks right now, ill DEF have to snap a picture lol.. and i think me and jesse are doing my interior this weekend.. oh and thomas (pballer) is getting a new car here soon and wants my seats and ill see what his new seats look like in my car (rsx type S leathers) and we might possibly trade :)

^ dont know yet and probably wont know for a while because i need slicks and a traction bar.. i need to take a few more videos and remember to take the pictures of the damn injector wires :dry:

so this is exactly the problem that i was running into..

1. im using jumper harnesses from my stock injector harness to the injectors because the stock harness wont fit over the fuel rail and hugeass intake manifold

IMG_20110312_092159.jpg

2. this is what the number 4 cylinder looked like when i unplugged the stock harness from the jumper harness, the ground wasnt making a connection at all because it was pushed down

IMG_20110312_092302.jpg

3. this is what it is supposed to look like, so all i did was take the wire from the bottom of the casing and push up while i slightly tugged on the male end connector and it slipped right up and made a connection and BAM problem fixed

IMG_20110312_092248.jpg

heres the interior shots i promised.. sorry for crapty quality, stupid fkn droid >_<

IMG_20110316_202405.jpg

IMG_20110316_202329.jpg

HUGE thanks to jesse!!! my panels wouldnt be this sick without him :happy:

whats up with everyone and the rogue status stuff? i saw a guy on another forum that has a black EM1 with a camo rogue status hood. looks pretty sweet actually. thought about using a pillar gauge set instead of it blocking the speedo and all that? or frog eyes?

yea ron, eventually ill get a frogeye.. i want to put my oil press in my far left vent and boost and oil temp in a frogeye.. just have to save money because i wont do that until i get the gauges i want (defi digitals) so progress on the sol is going to slow down a bit for a while

• 2 weeks later...

havent got it back yet.. its still sitting in the impound lot.. i wont see it until tomorrow when the adjuster comes to look at the car.. unless my fagass sergeants dont let me off work then i wont see it for a while sleep.gif

Archived