Brian's NEW Build Thread

BrIaN EG2

I figured you'd end up around ~350 daily if numbers come out as planned.. still kinda sucky for a DD honda IMO lol

if temp is there its fine.. sounded like it never went to middle.. i'd still consider upgrading asap to be on the safe side

ive seen a lot of people use precision.. i want to keep the twins with the 1j and have no idea what i'm going to.. bf wants one of the new garrets or maybe one of the new borg warners? (i havent had time to look at them much).. its a good idea that you kinda let the shop help pick it though.. too many people just pick a random turbo and dont think about everything that goes into a GOOD turbo setup

Are you using an aftermarket ecu?

oh i will be upgrading.. but i just need to take some time and get some more funds come in.. i just bought a new house and everything so money is scarce right now from buying furniture and everything.. plus im wanting to do stuffs to the 325i :happy:

im using the hondata S300 mated to my P28 that i had already.. and im using the boost by gear option that they offer for the S300 so i can creep up into 25psi instead of being at full boost in 1st gear for my daily tune

I know. I just wanted to use that gif

dont worry johnny.. it made me ROFL :laugh:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you looked into cx racing for a new radiator? i bought one for the old civic and it was a few lbs lighter than the stock one. looked good too. when are you gonna have this thing back? you said one more week on november 21 i believe lol.

I would do fluidyne over cx racing ebay crap anyday (cheap supra owners sometimes run them instead of koyo or fluidyne or something like that)... just cause it's lighter and looks good doesnt mean it will perform like a quality radiator.. it may be fine for stock or close to stock but when you start modding you want quality

you looked into cx racing for a new radiator? i bought one for the old civic and it was a few lbs lighter than the stock one. looked good too. when are you gonna have this thing back? you said one more week on november 21 i believe lol.

yea man its almost done, turbo comes in tomorrow.. should be on the dyno friday or saturday.. theyve been really busy, they have about 6 or 7 cars, and a sandrail in the shop right now

I would do fluidyne over cx racing ebay crap anyday (cheap supra owners sometimes run them instead of koyo or fluidyne or something like that)... just cause it's lighter and looks good doesnt mean it will perform like a quality radiator.. it may be fine for stock or close to stock but when you start modding you want quality

yea i want a fluidyne or a koyo with a slim fan.. have to start saving :)

I would love to see about how much the machining cost you in the end, I want to send my B18c off to get cleaned up and reinforced for boost and I want to see what a fair price is... im deff not looking for your numbers but if i go turbo i want my DD to be up the challenge

sleeving cost $1000 for the sleeves and installed, it was $500 in labor to take apart and put my engine back together, and if im not mistaken it was $200 to get my block and head hot tanked.. they clear coated my block and head after the hot tanking so if it gets dirty again i dont need a pressure washer to get the dirt off..

im still twiddling my thumbs waiting for the shop to call me or pick up their goddamn phone :dry:

they were closed friday through monday, they just opened 7 minutes ago so they probally wont be in the office until 10.. so now im just waiting to go and pick it up

so i went up to the shop today, turbo came in!!! theyre waiting on the v-band clamps so it can be put on the dyno

compared to my wallet

168458_1696834144277_1340552494_32119940_4843233_n.jpg

164166_1696833464260_1340552494_32119938_3356309_n.jpg

168900_1696832784243_1340552494_32119937_4994568_n.jpg

thats a hondata box under it

164065_1696832544237_1340552494_32119936_5121478_n.jpg

good ole' 62/62 precision turdbo :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

car is done and running, havent had time to go pick it up because ive been working until 7 - 8pm everyday and the shop closes at 7pm.. should be a few more days until i can go pick it up.. sucks because now its done and i cant get it because of work!! :dry:

im going to be calling them today and asking if they can email me the dyno vids and some more pictures for you guys :)

man im sick of living up north..... my car has half an inch of ice on it... i cant even drive it, let alone fix it up

I'm right there with ya dude.

I've been trying to get my car painted at my friends shop and the day he can do projects is a wednesday.

It just so happens that for the past month it has snowed every god damn tuesday night into wednesday so they've had to put all their cars in the garage for storage until thursdays

Soo went to the shop yesterday to go listen to my car run aaaaaaand

found everything but my block layin outside my engine bay and the block was MIA.. come to find out the machinist really effed up my sleeve job and when the car was on the dyno the sleeve sunk, WTF!? so now gopower is taking the spare block they got for me to a different machinist shop that already has pre sleeved and bored blocks and just trading.. should be about another week of working on my car... UGH! well at least it was making 490whp @ 11psi on 91 octane pumpgas without vtec BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! >:]

no its a garunteed trade, its a company out here that does it.. no worries, its just how soon can it be picked up, put back together, and put on the dyno so i can pick it up

Archived