what kind of fuel?

shadoe1998

i believe they take premium unleaded...

someone told me that all vtec engines are supposed to use premium, is this true? i've always put in the middle grade gas because it's better than the cheap crap and its not as expensive as the premium. but i will put in premium about once or twice a month to clean up the engine and what not...

hahahaha more comedy from honda_civicex95

someone told me that all vtec engines are supposed to use premium, is this true?

no. vtec has nothing to do with the need for premium. if your compression ratio is over 10:1, i would run it. SOHC VTEC engines are fine on regular.

funny part:

but i will put in premium about once or twice a month to clean up the engine and what not...

lmao again... ok you know putting premium in a car that doesn't need it will actually make the motor run worse?

a higher octane level doesn't mean it gives your car mad performance type r. the more octane in gasoline, the less likely it is to combust because of high heat and compression, something a SOHC VTEC motor doesn't have. so what is happening to your engine when you run premium, honda_civicex95, is an incomplete burn. there is left over fuel from ignition that will build up on valves, clog emissions equipment, ect.

so yeah, don't be a dumbfrack.

no. vtec has nothing to do with the need for premium. if your compression ratio is over 10:1, i would run it. SOHC VTEC engines are fine on regular.

i didn't say it did.

they manual for my dads truck says to put in premium fuel once a month to help the life of the engine. i figure it'd be the same for my civic.

Archived