Takin A Dump

SpeedDemon

ok guys i know ive been 4x4 the hatch since i got it. but i think its time for a dump lol. ive searched for about two weeks on here and on elsewere on the intrawebs but cant really get a straight answer. i would like to drop the hatch a good 1.75 in the rear and 1.5 in the front. from what i have read the stock struts present a problem with premature wear. ive also heard that i will possibly need taller tophats? but nothing has ever been set in stone. so i was wondering if somone could clarify all this for me with just a short list of parts. price matters because im a poor a$$ haha. but i dont want junk parts. i hear skunk2 is highly overrated and tien seems to be the way to go?

thanks for any input

well if you want adjustable coilovers you could go eibach, function and form, or tein.

just spring and shock combo tokico blues with either tein stechs, eibach springs or mayb the skunk2s.

skunk2s are suppose to lower 2 inches but without the am shocks youll be sittin with dead ones. iv heard that they have a harsh ride tho.

teins would be your best bet if your low on money cuz they are the cheapest and probably the best quality.

Cheap and easy 1.5 drop: Tokico (Blue) Sport combination purchased from eBay. About $350 shipped. Includes springs, shocks, necessary hardware. Non-adjustable and lowers the car about 1.5. The ride is stiffer but not enough to be uncomfortable, even for my wife (it was her car). She hates my sedan on the F&F with a 3in drop, but didn't even notice a ride quality degradation on the blues.

eh im going with tien s techs. ive gotten more than enough good reviews and they work with stock struts. just saving money now

From what I have read those s tec's have spring rate that is pretty soft just sayin. eibacs for racing Just my opinion.

haha after the one i just laid down you may not want to see.

but naw im saving right now. im spending 100 on a new hood and momowheel and hub tomorrow hopefully. then the saving starts for the tiens and that will be done by march for sure. probabaly January

Archived