Velo's Accord SiR Pics

I'm pretty sure most of you don't remember what my car used to look like before this but I'll mention the changes anyway, which include the SiR front lip, new trunk lid w/ "H" emblem, removed window visors, and s2k steering wheel.

4045806064_3b27f1c77b_b.jpg

4045061439_3874ecf561_b.jpg

4045906436_6ef8b229bb_b.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wnat :D
I'll roshambo you for it. I go first. :thumbsup:

I like the S2K steering wheel. Really matches...

What'd you do with your old front lip?

Thanks. Haha the old lip which was an OEM 94-95 lip for scuffed to hell when I i was doing a 3-point turn at my old house and it caught the curb lol. Ripped the entire bumper off.

are the hood pins really needed?
Nah, but they did used to be functional, now they aren't. But something needs to cover the holes in the hood though. Two days ago though I ordered some flush style hood pins and an OEM Accord hood bra. The paint and clearcoat is cracking pretttty decently up front.

I thought you had an authentic Mugen front lip for

some reason.

I had a "Fugen" fake ass Mugen lip. It was actually a knockoff based off the Civic Mugen lip. True Accord Mugen lips look radically different.

Do you still have it?
The Fugen? Nah..After it cracked for like the 23432nd time, I sold the poly one I had too.

That's one clean accord. My vote is on some gunmetal rays five spokes for the best accorn ever!

Thanks. Gunmetal? I considered it at first on some Rota Subzeros, but I like machine/full polish all day on most cars.

:drool: me want. the only thing im not diggin are the wheels. but other than that its beautiful

Haha thanks, you don't like the wheels though? Why if you don't mind me asking. The only thing I kind don't like is the black part. But I'm sure how to deal with that safely. Performance-wise, theyre pretty light at 16 lbs each.

Haha thanks, you don't like the wheels though? Why if you don't mind me asking. The only thing I kind don't like is the black part. But I'm sure how to deal with that safely. Performance-wise, theyre pretty light at 16 lbs each.

i think its the thin spokes it has. plus they remind me of those icw racing wheels with the silver and black, personally i think the icws all look too similair

i think its the thin spokes it has. plus they remind me of those icw racing wheels with the silver and black, personally i think the icws all look too similair

I don't like that either, which is why I think the side shots show the rims better. The black is just paint, easily removed, but I'm afraid of messing up other aspects of the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

your car is friggin sick dude, the hoodpins dont bother me but i wouldnt have them on my car.. i like it the way it is.. should have no changes to it.. its clean as hell!! :thumbsup:

your car is friggin sick dude, the hoodpins dont bother me but i wouldnt have them on my car.. i like it the way it is.. should have no changes to it.. its clean as hell!! :thumbsup:

Thanks broski! I certainly don't plan on changing a damn thing. I feel like it took 4 years to get here. Sometimes it's like that I guess. Well good news. I ditched those shiiity hoodpins and got new ones, along with an OEM hood bra I will use on long, rain-less trips. The pins still aren't functional but they look better, to me.

4045061571_d6d0f911ff_b.jpg

4045806258_18f97df5ea_b.jpg

Updated the first page a little too. You guys like the car with the hood bra on or no? I can't decide...

• 6 months later...

Das Mugens! Despite what most people assumed, I think they turned out well. Wheels are Mugen RG, 16x7 +43, weighing roughly 16lbs each (despite all the 13lb claims), wrapped in 205/50/16 Continental ExtremeContact DWS, a highly rated all season tire. I feel the 16" Mugen-ness offers a more mature, subtle, OEM look i've been after. Ride height will likely remain the same for now.

My inspiration:

Mugenrgw.jpg

My car:

4594039862_da3b3980aa_b.jpg

4593423959_80a8227182_b.jpg

I think the stance is still pretty proper.

4594040260_83e60427f7_b.jpg

Please ignore the bug guts I didn't feel like scraping off completely.

4593423485_cda97db367_b.jpg

4593423815_c0b021b158_b.jpg

4594040158_9c8b0797ca_b.jpg

4594039948_aa2a92595e_b.jpg

Archived