hick upping/ sputtering?

paymecracka

I have a 1991 civic hatch with a d16a6 i have recently got the car running and i drove it to work the other day well it was kind of sluggish until it hits 2k and then it took off pretty well at idle the car hick ups almost every once and a while and then i drove it home that night and as i accel it sputters almost and had a hard time getting up to speed i put new plugs wires rebuilt dizzy fuel filter and valve cover gasket in the car and this problem still exists im thinking mayb the fuel pump but im not too sure just wanted to know if anyone had some suggestions thanks

I have a 1991 civic hatch with a d16a6 i have recently got the car running and i drove it to work the other day well it was kind of sluggish until it hits 2k and then it took off pretty well at idle the car hick ups almost every once and a while and then i drove it home that night and as i accel it sputters almost and had a hard time getting up to speed i put new plugs wires rebuilt dizzy fuel filter and valve cover gasket in the car and this problem still exists im thinking mayb the fuel pump but im not too sure just wanted to know if anyone had some suggestions thanks

im not an expert on anything but it sounds like a fuel pump problem, sounds like the inside of the fuel pump is having a hard time opening up or pumping enough fuel.

thats what im thinking well im getting a fuel from a kid ive been getting parts from for $20 and it is good he replaced it a few months before he totaled the car and if that doesnt fix it im checking the timing again but when i got home after the problem the marks all lined up and usualy once the idle drops once it warms up thats when the problem happens

Archived