Leaking oil from somewhere i cant seem to find

cummings1017

I have a 1993 Honda Civic Dx 1.5l sohc. I've noticed i have oil leaking from somewhere between the engine and transmission. I can see oil spots on various hoses on certain sides but when i try to pinpoint the problem i cant find exactly what it is. I think it maybe the transmission seal to the engine. If Im right it wouldnt be the rear main seal because then i would be getting a lot of smoke out of the exhaust. i replaced the valve cover gasket yesterday to see if that might help and to just rule out one thing. Im not sure what else to do because the leak is on the top half. so couldnt be oil pan leak. Its a serious amount of oil coming off too. Not like drops im going though about 1 qt of oil every 3-4 days with no burn off? I dont want to take this to a shop because i have always fixed my own stuff but this seriously has me puzzled.

I have a 1993 Honda Civic Dx 1.5l sohc. I've noticed i have oil leaking from somewhere between the engine and transmission. I can see oil spots on various hoses on certain sides but when i try to pinpoint the problem i cant find exactly what it is. I think it maybe the transmission seal to the engine. If Im right it wouldnt be the rear main seal because then i would be getting a lot of smoke out of the exhaust. i replaced the valve cover gasket yesterday to see if that might help and to just rule out one thing. Im not sure what else to do because the leak is on the top half. so couldnt be oil pan leak. Its a serious amount of oil coming off too. Not like drops im going though about 1 qt of oil every 3-4 days with no burn off? I dont want to take this to a shop because i have always fixed my own stuff but this seriously has me puzzled.

Pressure wash engine and let it idel and watch, if nothing drive around block check again! Is there a fair amount of oil around dist??

Do you have vtec if so check these. There are two gasket's one is directly beneath the vtec solenoid, the other is on the side underneath the vtec solenoid it's called a vtec valve filter. $13.00 from honda. I had a similar problem so I replaced the o ring on the distributor or distributor seal (make sure you get the o ring from honda not aftermarket as i found out the hard way). Then I replaced the other two I just mentioned. The reason I say all this is because, I thought my head gasket was leaking oil and it was right where you mentioned it.

Archived