new civic owner

boostjunkie333

So...i just bought a 94 civic ex vtec... =)

Im wondering if i even need to swap, if it already has a vtec in it...thats decent enough for my purposes right?

I had planned to swap before bc i thought i was getting a dx, which had non vtec and was like 1.5L lol...but now that this one comes with a decent engine i guess i dont really need to worry about a swap...

what do you guys think?

well you do have vtec but its still sohc, it all depends on what you want. if you want dohc vtec then i say go for it, i prefer dohc alot over sohc. it all depemda on what you want and you are willing to spend.

So...i just bought a 94 civic ex vtec... =)

Im wondering if i even need to swap, if it already has a vtec in it...thats decent enough for my purposes right?

I had planned to swap before bc i thought i was getting a dx, which had non vtec and was like 1.5L lol...but now that this one comes with a decent engine i guess i dont really need to worry about a swap...

what do you guys think?

Honestly, that's your call. You know how you drive, you know what you want out of the car. If you like it as is, keep it as is. If you want a little more power, throw a small turbo on. If you want significantly more power, throw a bigger turbo on, put in stronger internals, and get a good tune. If you want DOHC, do a swap. If you want to do something for the heck of it, go right ahead. We're here to help you follow up on your decisions, and maybe verify that you made the right one. We're not here to make your decisions for you. :thumbsup: Well... most of us aren't.

Honestly, that's your call. You know how you drive, you know what you want out of the car. If you like it as is, keep it as is. If you want a little more power, throw a small turbo on. If you want significantly more power, throw a bigger turbo on, put in stronger internals, and get a good tune. If you want DOHC, do a swap. If you want to do something for the heck of it, go right ahead. We're here to help you follow up on your decisions, and maybe verify that you made the right one. We're not here to make your decisions for you.:thumbsup: Well... most of us aren't.

oh yeah man, i know what i want lol...im just a nervous nancy and i always like to have others imput to help push me into a decision...

but i appreciate the help i really do, i know i want dohc vtec, forged internals, and a nice reputable turbo kit to make enough power to be worth the entire build in the first place(in other words, lets go crazy here) im not gonna do all this just to put on a small low power turbo kit.

I wonder how much i could sell the engine for thats in it now?

What's going on...I'm extremely proud to say that I have purchased my first car - 2009 silver Honda Civic EX-L. I'm excited to learn a thing or two regarding mods from you who have owned civics for quite some time.

Thanks

What's going on...I'm extremely proud to say that I have purchased my first car - 2009 silver Honda Civic EX-L. I'm excited to learn a thing or two regarding mods from you who have owned civics for quite some time.

Thanks

yeah i was proud when i got my new 2007 civic si........i have had nothing but problems with my transmition since day one. i love the car excluding that one factor. just want to get it right.

Archived