Problem playing ipod nano in honda civic 2009

floridian

I have a Honda Civic EX 2009 which comes with a USB cable. I use it to play my Ipod Nano (4th Gen). When I use the ipod nano in the car, it freezes up often (i.e. hangs up). I have to then disconnect and reset the ipod nano because it wont come back on any other way. I am getting tired of doing this. Also, the ipod does not show a "honda logo" which the owners manual says it would. The ipod nano seems to work fine when not being used in the car (i.e. headphones or computer).

Has anyone experienced this problem? Should I replace the ipod or should I get my car checked out? The owner's manual says the honda civic '09 supports ipod nano gen 1-3. Is that the problem? You would think that 4th gen would work fine. Is there any special way I should be placing the ipod inside the car?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's more than likely a software issue. The iPod may have a patch somewhere online to update the generation difference.

The iPod may be fine and the OEM Honda Head Unit may not be 100% compatible with the newer technology. Remember that the vehicles were probably out of production when the newer iPods were going INTO production. Some technological advances aren't going to be compatible if the vehicle was produced before the accessories.

Good luck. I'd probably go to your nearest Honda Dealership and check with the HEAD SERVICE WRITER. I just talked to my service writer and he said there's a good chance it's a software patch.

It's more than likely a software issue. The iPod may have a patch somewhere online to update the generation difference.

The iPod may be fine and the OEM Honda Head Unit may not be 100% compatible with the newer technology. Remember that the vehicles were probably out of production when the newer iPods were going INTO production. Some technological advances aren't going to be compatible if the vehicle was produced before the accessories.

Good luck. I'd probably go to your nearest Honda Dealership and check with the HEAD SERVICE WRITER. I just talked to my service writer and he said there's a good chance it's a software patch.

thanks for your reply...

here's an update on my situation...

my ipod got to a point where it would not turn back on after doing the "reset" several times...

took it into the apple store and it was replaced for free as it was still under warranty...

it has been a couple of days since i got the new ipod and i am having no problems at all playing it in my honda civic...

i am now convinced it was a bad ipod and nothing wrong with the car system...

so as i of right now, i am very happy

Archived