Accord security system issues

Cdelosu

The security system on my 99' Accord is having some issues. Whenever the key is in ignition and the doors are closed, the security system arms and the doors lock, even without hitting the lock button. If I unlock the doors, after about 10 seconds, they re-lock and security gets armed again. Everything used to work just fine and ive really done nothing to the car!? Anyone see this before?? Local honda service center was a bit puzzled on the phone and they said to bring it in. I don't want to do that if its a quick reset or something. Appreciate the help!!

Thanks roopert, you solved everything

Unhooking the battery, which I would consider a "quick reset", does not fix the problem. I know little about the alarm system. Is there a way to disable the alarm and re-enable for a reset.

• 4 weeks later...
Is this the factory alarm system? If not it sounds like you have ignition controlled door locks turned on passive arming.

hahahahaha that's funny, i come in to say the same thing... and it's you who beat me to it. oh, and i agree.

Archived