Advice

jtwellner

I pulled out a B18a1 from a '93 Integra. It was overheated and the head is shot. I want to get a B16 head for it and fit it in my '89 CRX. Ik i need to get some mounts to make it work but I'm not sure what B16 head i should get and how i should build it. Basically I'm just wondering what other people have done and how it worked out for them. Any advice is accepted. I got into Honda about 2 months ago so I'm still very much a n00b.

please explain adam why an obd1 or 2 head would be a bastard to wire up or harder? ill make it easy , that statement is false.

and no , you dont get the ecu that matches the head. there is no lsvtec ecu. he will need either an obd0 chipped ecu and have it tuned , or obd1 ecu chipped with conversion harness and tuned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

please explain adam why an obd1 or 2 head would be a bastard to wire up or harder? ill make it easy , that statement is false.

and no , you dont get the ecu that matches the head. there is no lsvtec ecu. he will need either an obd0 chipped ecu and have it tuned , or obd1 ecu chipped with conversion harness and tuned.

Just curious, how does the CAI help when its facing the firewall. Which you probably don't need it anyway but exactly how much of a difference does it make.

Archived