problem after problem

delsoltina

Okay so i was driving last night only going about 40 and all of a sudden it felt like someone hit right under my feet with a sledge hammer (best way to describe it) and there was a huge bang I didn't hit anything or run anything over. But now when I drive on the drivers side thereis a rythmic scraping/clicking/banging that picks up and slows down when I accelerate or slow down. Also there is kind of alot of grease bhind the wheel, is this a broken bearing or something else? Please help with ideas I would appricate it alot!

uh ya man my suggestion on this dont drive at all until u get that fixed.

i just did a $300 repair to my cv and axle shaft bracket piece that connects the 2 together on the block (would of been fatal if i didnt fix it when i did(kuz i was doin 80mph not 40). but ya i herd and felt the same exact stuff you are, BUT i didnt have any grease fluid on my wheel.

well if it were a broken cv it would make a clicking noise when you turn and it wouldnt leak fluid, if the bearing is broken it would leak if im not mistaken but it wouldnt of threw anything underneath the car unless the bearing shattered to pieces or came out as a slightly whole piece. or you could have pulled a bolt out on the bracket piece i was talking about that happened to me, and it hit the floor board when it came out, and you damaged the seal on the trans and is leaking fluid down the shaft and on the cv to the wheel, other than that man idk wa to tell you. except if you cant get that in the air to rly diagnose the problem take it to a good mechanic kuz that shyt can kill your a$$. and itll do it when you least expect it, prob when your driving down the freeway or something.

so be safe with that shyt right there man keep it under 40 if you can or just dont drive the car at all til you get that fixed....

yeah Im trying not to drive it at all, but i have no other way to get anywhere literally, I know im probably gunna have to take it in and the more I read up on it the more I think its gunna be pretty freakin expensive, not a good thing right now. ha

uh ya man my suggestion on this dont drive at all until u get that fixed.

i just did a $300 repair to my cv and axle shaft

HOLY MOTHER OF GAWD!!!!! :o

YOU GOT RRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got my replacement axle for $60..

axle now.. replace both while your at it

if you keep driving like that your going to SERIOUSLY frack something up.

^+1

just go to advanced and get two new axles, and theyre ALOT less than $300 for DAMN sure.. about $120 for both for me and mine are for a GSR

they are $50 each if you trade in your old ones here (different prices in different areas of the country)

and you can probably change them yourself if you have a haynes manual

if you DONT change them.. well.. lets just say your repair bill wont be pretty

yeah Salem Oregon whoo whoo ha ha okay so when i went to take the wheel off last night it had gotten to the point that the rim was being held up and resting on the brake caliber, someone told me that meant i busted the bearing to? and yeah the boot is all busted lol the back of my wheel s COVERED in grease so its sitting on blocks currently. I was thinking that I should

get both sides to since one busted.

yeah Salem Oregon whoo whoo ha ha okay so when i went to take the wheel off last night it had gotten to the point that the rim was being held up and resting on the brake caliber, someone told me that meant i busted the bearing to? and yeah the boot is all busted lol the back of my wheel s COVERED in grease so its sitting on blocks currently. I was thinking that I should

get both sides to since one busted.

Yeah, if your rim isn't centered on the hub, the wheel bearing itself is busted. I'll be replacing both on my Sol at some point... Get yourself a good manual. Haynes is ok, I think Chilton's is better... And then there's Seb's Sol manual extravaganza(pinned to the top of the Sol forum index).

Yeah, if your rim isn't centered on the hub, the wheel bearing itself is busted. I'll be replacing both on my Sol at some point... Get yourself a good manual. Haynes is ok, I think Chilton's is better... And then there's Seb's Sol manual extravaganza(pinned to the top of the Sol forum index).

Helm's FTMFW! :thumbsup:

if you have the money i would replace the brakes/bearings/axles/boot on both sides

and hope that if a bearing broke it didnt tear up other stuff since you were driving it around

I didnt drive it after that except home, about a mile and a half going only 15 miles an hr, and to move it into my driveway which wasnt far at all so yeah hopefully i didnt mess up too much. is it hard to do all of that yourself? or is it worth taking it in? I have a manual. went out and got it as soon as things starting going wrong :)

if you have the money i would replace the brakes/bearings/axles/boot on both sides

and hope that if a bearing broke it didnt tear up other stuff since you were driving it around

Don't think there's much that isn't already broken that could've been torn up. Transaxle should be fine. Different story with any kind of differential obviously, but basic transaxles are fairly hardy. Calipers should be fine, brake lines could be damaged, although I doubt it. Pads and rotors are unlikely to have suffered any harm.

I didnt drive it after that except home, about a mile and a half going only 15 miles an hr, and to move it into my driveway which wasnt far at all so yeah hopefully i didnt mess up too much. is it hard to do all of that yourself? or is it worth taking it in? I have a manual. went out and got it as soon as things starting going wrong :)

You shouldn't have much trouble doing it yourself, I'd highly recommend asking a friend who has some idea of how it all goes together help you out though. Axles will be fairly easy, just need a 32 mm socket and an impact driver, the more powerful the better. As for the bearing... You're probably going to need to rent a special bearing puller from Autozone to get that out easily(I speak from guesstimation, not knowledge on this point)... Unless you got lucky and destroyed it so it'll just fall out.:thumbsup:

Don't think there's much that isn't already broken that could've been torn up. Transaxle should be fine. Different story with any kind of differential obviously, but basic transaxles are fairly hardy. Calipers should be fine, brake lines could be damaged, although I doubt it. Pads and rotors are unlikely to have suffered any harm.

i didnt say that the calipers/lines would be bad (but they could be).. but if the previous owner let it get bad enough that the axle broke AND the bearings broke.. i highly doubt the brakes are in great shape (aka pads/rotors)

Archived