nissan>honda

mmm... 5.0 mustangs. i still really want one. it's so easy to build those beasts to the 350+ rwhp mark with just some head work and an exhaust. at this point, building old civics are overrated. only older honda i would want to build at this point would be a crx. just because they look so funny.

it really depends one which 5.0 you get because :

Most are choked to death by emissions regulations

tada.. he beat me to it

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so he had what? an intake and exhaust? so he was maybe making 175-180 rwhp? good job :) try a blacktop with a gt28 that's making more than 7 lbs of boost. and make sure the 240's shell isn't the older single cam hatch, they are a fair bit longer than the dual cam hatch body, and a bit heavier.

i/h/e fmic, hardpiping, bov, wastegate, turbo timer, suspension work, gutted, and a few misc things.. thats all i know but like i said it wasnt crazy. its a modded sr and daily driven... soooo yea

brian.. next time your in south carolina ill let you line up next to my brother in laws z car.. we'll see how you hold up hahahahaha

oh and depending on year/model of the 'modded' 5.0 mustangs.. they probably were not pushing very much either

boosted hondas are another story... IF DONE RIGHT they can be quick.. but they have to have aftermarket things done to them.. i can put the STOCK rb in my car and probably still beat most of them unless they have a good bit of money invested and a great tune.. which means they have ~5-10k invested just motor and i spent $2k on my motor/tranny etc and still kick their ass?

im down because by the time my sol is back on that side of the states itll be built pretty well unless i hit some bumps in the road.. if the gsr lets go then there will be a boosted k24/k20 sittin inside the engine bay :p

not sure about year/model of the mustangs the guy with the civi was running.. just foxbody stangs and a few newer mustangs

id like to see that though sarah.. stock rb 240 and a 10k honda and the 240 win... crapty honda driver more than likely :-

lol more i know people who have that much in their car and they cant take off for crap

FWD FTL!

oh and a guy i know who has a boosted k with about 10k in it and still likes the idea of an rb 240 better.. :thumbsup:

you just haven't accepted that hondas were not built as racecars and are not the best platforms for building a race car.. you CAN do it.. but i dont understand why when you can spend the time and money in something else and get much more bang for buck

Honda's are great little cars, but if you want speed, Nissan > Honda.

And besides, Nissan are good cars too as far as reliability, drivability, pracicality, handling, fuel economy, ect. I own a Honda and I'll tell you, any Nissan will kick my ass, even a POS Sentra

^stock internal rb!? what stock!? 11.6!? can your honda do that?

and you hondas cant do this:

(had to bring up drifting if your talking about 240s)

im sorry.. hondas can "drift"

if the road is wet and they end up in a ditch and their tires look almost flat

^that vid is actually pretty funny

well now we have to wait till the beginning of next week cause the guys mom has to go get the title out of the safety deposit box at the bank :rant:

watch us go threw all this crap and the cars harness be all spliced into when we go look at it

i/h/e fmic, hardpiping, bov, wastegate, turbo timer, suspension work, gutted, and a few misc things.. thats all i know but like i said it wasnt crazy. its a modded sr and daily driven... soooo yea

im down because by the time my sol is back on that side of the states itll be built pretty well unless i hit some bumps in the road.. if the gsr lets go then there will be a boosted k24/k20 sittin inside the engine bay :p

not sure about year/model of the mustangs the guy with the civi was running.. just foxbody stangs and a few newer mustangs

id like to see that though sarah.. stock rb 240 and a 10k honda and the 240 win... crapty honda driver more than likely :-

orrr that guy had the worst possible drivetrain for a drag race.. can't hook worth crap = a loss to that 240. I hope you're willing to go with huge slicks and have the turn radius of a mack truck, and the track? 240s were built for the twisty stuff.

240s shouldnt have to have stripped interior.. i want to run full interior (as long as when we cage it like we probably will have to im allowed to keep full interior) and I want to run a/c after we get the motor in and see what we are working with

i lie.. i might take out the back seats.. i like my 2 seaters hahah

got a question

did the 91 se's come with a limited slip diff. in the automatics? the guy who found the car for me said they did but ive also heard they didnt

anyone know

google is a cluster f*ck when you try finding something specific like that :(

well now we have to wait till the beginning of next week cause the guys mom has to go get the title out of the safety deposit box at the bank :rant:

watch us go threw all this crap and the cars harness be all spliced into when we go look at it

thats what happened with our swap, got the dash out and all the wires were butt spliced. ALL of them

got a question

did the 91 se's come with a limited slip diff. in the automatics? the guy who found the car for me said they did but ive also heard they didnt

anyone know

google is a cluster f*ck when you try finding something specific like that :(

full of nougaty goodness and chocolate?

thats why im checking the entire engine bay and under the dash to check for spliced wires.. the del sol has something spliced into it but idk what it is and im scared to mess with it lol

when we pick up the car we'll just attempt to do a burn out if it runs well enough and see what happens hahah

i don't believe any 240 had an LSD, unless there was one on the 240 with the HICAS 4 wheel steering. All i've ever heard of are people using the differential off of a 300zx, i think... i'm not 100% though.

edit, just googled "240sx stock lsd" and came up with this as the first result... http://www.driftcentral.com/forum/archive/....php/t-103.html

"As for the LSD, only the models that come with the HICAS 4Wheel Steering come with LSD's in the US, unless you get some funky model that got ordered with one specifically. Oh yeah, and rumor has it all Canadian model S13's come with LSD's but I dont know if thats 100% true or not."

and "I used to think that SEs had LSD too, but that is not true, cuz my s13 is an SE and it didn't come with LSD. Either way, its not real LSD. Its VLSD and its something that needs to be changed IMO ;)"

orrr that guy had the worst possible drivetrain for a drag race.. can't hook worth crap = a loss to that 240. I hope you're willing to go with huge slicks and have the turn radius of a mack truck, and the track? 240s were built for the twisty stuff.

it was a 60mph pull

i plan on tracking the sol, run low boost in trials and high boost in drag. and run it as a full interior track/show car :p

and if a ran him in the twisties id leave him. i play back there alot when im home :happy:

Power has very little to do with track times. Look at the times Matias post. Its all about Drivers, Tires , brake compounds and suspension, in that order.

very true, but i think suspension needs to be a bit higher on that list.

well if we are talking about a Nissan a lot of them already have very decent suspension stock

when talking about hondas.. yah it might need to be higher on the list lol

tire compound is good but i could make due with not the best.. something i dont want to mess up is brakes though.. i DO NOT want to hit a wall or spin out because the brakes heated up too much and didnt grab

Archived