nissan>honda

going to hopefully pick up a 91 240sx coupe friday!

$400 -> runs -> no rust -> good interior

now i need some brakes(300 brakes that is.. 9" rotor -> 11" rotors!)

some meshies

some suspension

etc

and some rb power! :thumbsup:

pictures friday

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sol might not have stars too much longer

im tired of people who are paid to paint not being able to paint

(the back bumper that just got painted in october is peeling.. it looks like they didnt scuff or prime the bumper)

so i might just get someone else to respray the entire car white/gold pearl and fix the couple things wrong with the front end conversion too

the back bumper? other girls insurance sent me the money and i gave the shop the money.. cant remember exactly.. my bf is taking the car to ANOTHER shop tomorrow to see about getting the whole thing repainted

and it wasnt prepped properly at all.. theres no way.. and its supposed to be a great shop with a great rep but i have a feeling they are going to be firing a prep guy soon

where has the BF been? i haven't seen many posts by him. he's one of the only other intelligible posters here. lately these forums have been moot of any good advice or information. It's been getting bad, actually. I feel bad for all the newcomers that come here asking for help and get a lecture about how everything is on www.google.com.

rb25det!!! duh lol

ill probably leave it stock for a while except a boost control, high rev kit maybe, and a tune, maybe a new clutch

my brother in law has a damn near fully bolted on 25 in his 280z.. i cant compete with him lol

guy i know has hubs/rotors/lines/aluminum calipers off a 300zx.. probably picking those up.. i doubt he'll over charge me.. waiting on a price from him

and overkill is hard to reach when i want it to go on course like this one: trackdiagrambig.gif

and shane: he gets on sometimes but normally ends up mad at something someone stupid said and goes to his Z forums lol

lol only way we wont buy it is if the harness is spliced into.. but i doubt that it is cause the guy knows nothing about cars lol

1st mod.. sleepy headlights!!

i hate pop ups but sleepys look cool

*and a lot of the info people want on here could be found EASY if they would use the search button.. but they dont want to do the reading lol

tbh i can't blame him, lol. I really am sick of all the vague information that members here try to give people.

PS: that 240 better be a sick car. if you let it go to waste i'ma slap you.

if people really wanted down to the . and crossing their t's they can go to hater-tech. this is more of a community forum...even though the regulars are becoming scarce

lol only way we wont buy it is if the harness is spliced into.. but i doubt that it is cause the guy knows nothing about cars lol

1st mod.. sleepy headlights!!

i hate pop ups but sleepys look cool

*and a lot of the info people want on here could be found EASY if they would use the search button.. but they dont want to do the reading lol

too bad we cant stamp that backwards on their forehead so when they look in the mirror.....

thread title = fail

but have fun with the 240, i like them but have seen my fair share get beat by hondas :devil:

Only Honda that will be that 240 is a super GT car or FXM Dev NSX but only forward not reverse (inside joke).

alex37211 Posted Yesterday, 06:04 PM z32 tt brakes are overkill.

Q45 brakes are the way to go. Save money and have hella stopping power. Are you going rb20 or 25? How much power are you planning to make?

Not overkill at all like Sarah showed CMP will destroy brakes. The larger rotors should be able to dissipate heat better, The power I assume you are referring to is possibly clamping force and this too will be fixed with a z32 master cylinder. Not only that but by using a more popular rotor pad combo the availability of more pad compounds are opened up to us. This is wear the real stopping power is made. I will be talking to AMS in canada who is sponsor/supplier for my brake pads on my 350 about a nice set of carbon ceramic pads for the s13.

Don't worry tho the q45 has plenty of parts for the taking cough TB cough.

Shanebot90 Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM where has the BF been? i haven't seen many posts by him. he's one of the only other intelligible posters here. lately these forums have been moot of any good advice or information. It's been getting bad, actually. I feel bad for all the newcomers that come here asking for help and get a lecture about how everything is on www.google.com.

Very busy sadly I'm hoping that next week things will ease up and I can get some projects done, and relax. I seem to be working alot and having to deal with other peoples frack ups on my days off (bad bumper paint job and stupid ass home owners insurance company that wants to cancel my policy over a tree that doesn't exist ect ect).

Sarah is right tho if you can google it or read it out of any basic manual I most likely wont answer you. I see no reason that I should put effort into something that the poster wont.

Only Honda that will be that 240 is a super GT car or FXM Dev NSX but only forward not reverse (inside joke).

umm sure... seeing that i hang with my friends SR20DET 95 240... umm okay :thumbsup:

umm sure... seeing that i hang with my friends SR20DET 95 240... umm okay :thumbsup:

sounds like a weak ass sr20det. probably completely stock :). stock SR's aren't great. what's so popular about them is their affordability, availability, and potential. they can make some serious power really easily, but stock they really aren't up to the hype.

just cause you hang with your sr20 friend doesnt mean a honda will beat it lol

no a honda wouldnt beat it but there was only a 350hp 07 Si with spray that was running with modded 5.0 mustangs

and a bunch of other boosted b and k series hatches that would have raped it.. but yeah a honda wouldnt beat it... nooo :- lol

sounds like a weak ass sr20det. probably completely stock :) . stock SR's aren't great. what's so popular about them is their affordability, availability, and potential. they can make some serious power really easily, but stock they really aren't up to the hype.

not completely stock but not insanely modded either

and when we ran i didnt have my vtec yet. id like to run him again to see where i stand now though :p

so he had what? an intake and exhaust? so he was maybe making 175-180 rwhp? good job :) try a blacktop with a gt28 that's making more than 7 lbs of boost. and make sure the 240's shell isn't the older single cam hatch, they are a fair bit longer than the dual cam hatch body, and a bit heavier.

lol @ shane

sr's are overrated.. EVERYONE does that swap and they dont get much out of it

brian.. next time your in south carolina ill let you line up next to my brother in laws z car.. we'll see how you hold up hahahahaha

oh and depending on year/model of the 'modded' 5.0 mustangs.. they probably were not pushing very much either

boosted hondas are another story... IF DONE RIGHT they can be quick.. but they have to have aftermarket things done to them.. i can put the STOCK rb in my car and probably still beat most of them unless they have a good bit of money invested and a great tune.. which means they have ~5-10k invested just motor and i spent $2k on my motor/tranny etc and still kick their ass?

hondas were not made to be race cars.. nissans are perfect for it

mmm... 5.0 mustangs. i still really want one. it's so easy to build those beasts to the 350+ rwhp mark with just some head work and an exhaust. at this point, building old civics are overrated. only older honda i would want to build at this point would be a crx. just because they look so funny.

What is the deal with Honda drivers bragging about beating 5.0's? It's not a very fast benchmark. Most are choked to death by emissions regulations

And putting an sr in a 240 is like taking a 6 cylinder mustang and putting an 8 in it dosnt make it fast just makes it the right base platform.

Archived