tranny swap thread

nobody

alright, i really need to know which tranny is compatible with a del sol. my transmission is fffed up and we cant really service it unless we take it out, thats the last thing i wanted to do so ill get a hot inspection and wait till my tranny gives up and during that time ill keep everything ineed for the 5 speed swap. has anyone here actually even done that?...just needa know wht tranny i can use cause i never seen a del sol in a junkyard.

alright, i really need to know which tranny is compatible with a del sol. my transmission is fffed up and we cant really service it unless we take it out, thats the last thing i wanted to do so ill get a hot inspection and wait till my tranny gives up and during that time ill keep everything ineed for the 5 speed swap. has anyone here actually even done that?...just needa know wht tranny i can use cause i never seen a del sol in a junkyard.

A SI\EX tranny would do nicely! :thumbsup: Get one out of a 92-95 EX civic, maybe a SI hatch? Best bet is to get a shell, with a blown motor or something, then you will have all the parts you need! Tranny, Master cylinder, hydrolic lines, clutch pedal assembly ect!

found a tranny from a 2000 ex civic for 120. anyone plzz tell me if they compatable with my sol? pweez!!! :] i need an answer fast ps this is for my 5 speed swap! ya dont want another autotrajic here do ya!!??

You should be fine. Pretty sure all D-series engines and tranny's can be used with each other... And, just in case you're interested, 2nd and 3rd gears will be a bit shorter than in the Sol Si tranny, and 5th will be the same ratio as the S tranny.

i got a tranny and a new clutch for $140 ^-^ :] and i might get the mass cylinder with that too. someone make me a quick checklist of wht i need. i hear i need a special bracket for the tranny to fit. and a shorter link. the civics link is too long. or he said i could try cutting it olol any thoughts?

Archived