Broken Trailing Arm

OK here's my predicament, Sat. night I was leaving my friends appt. complex to head out to the races. Well, there's a slight dip that u have to go over to get out, nothing special just your basic water run off thingy. Well when I went over it, my friends and I heard a LOUD bang, and right after that, the whole left rear side of the car lowered down and I heard the wheel rubbing in the wheel well. So I stopped in the median of the road and got out, and to my suprize I found the wheel to be leaning in at around a 45 deg. angle. DAMN........I bet thats not suposed to be like that .....lol. So then some cops stoped by and checked everything out making sure that it didn't break because of street racing or something. So, I called a tow truck and had it towed to my house, and now it's in my driveway on a jack on the left rear, with a couple band-aids representing that it's not dead, it's just.........hurt. lol OK well here's the damage. Where the lower arm bolts on to the trailing arm, there's two little mounts where the bolt goes through. Of the two holes, the forward one has been tore apart, down. So the Bolt sheered off on the other side and broke off of the opposite mount. OK here's my question..........I don't want to go and buy a brand new factory honda part so im going to go to a huge junkyard over here in Orlando. My car is a 1993 Del Sol Si. What car can I take one off of to replace my broken one. my car has all wheel disk-brakes, does that matter. Im trying to go up there tomorrow to get one, so if you can respond as quickly as possible, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You very much. PE@CE, Chris Spencer

sorry im replying to this late but did you find anything yet? yes, your best bet is to hit up the nearest junk yard. id get one off of an old del sol...civics will probably do also but the old gen civics. good luck and let me know how it goes

Ok, wel I went out to a few junk yards around here and no-one has any delsol's. I did however find out that the trailing arms are the same on the del sol and the 92-96 civic hatchback. Well I found one but it was for drum brakes. So i took everything offboth trailing arms. the disk and drum brakes have a different brake mount. There's 4 Torx screws holding it on a a big bolt on the stud thingy. I just swapped them oer ad it is just like new again. waa laa.

Archived