New here with a .................

79cvcc

1979 Honda Civic CVCC. I bought the car in 2006 and drove it for a week before the engine blew. Below is what it looked like the day I bought it.

100_1149.jpg

I let it sit for over a year before I decided to jump on it. I found a 1.8L EK-1 engine and had it swapped in, brought it home and lowered it. Then I added the Japanese fender mirrors (which are stock over there).

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

At that point I sent it to the shop for the bodywork. The car was sanded all the way down to the bare metal for a complete overhaul on paint work. During this time, I had accumulated the "ever hard to find" 12" chrome trim rings and had the factory 12x4 wheels painted high gloss black.

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

stripped.jpg

pinball2.jpg

pinball4.jpg

And, after replacing the cracked and cut dash to a new dash, complete with stock AM/FM radio and deluxe gauges....

100_1150.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

I am left with this.....so far. It is a primer state right now. It is charcoal gray with a semi-gloss clear coat on top. The car is sitting in the shop now awaiting a Weber downdraft.

3347846595_47feb04366_o.jpg

primedfront.jpg

carbridge2.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

Here is apic of my 1974 Honda Kick-N-Go that is being restored right along side.

IMG_2272.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Just thought I'd share. I don't know if anyone here knows who I am, but there you go.

Is it just me or is this BADASSS? :thumbsup:

I love it! I have been seeing more and more of these as of late! I even saw a guy who converted his to a rear engine, with a B18! now that was truely epic, and damn I wished I had a camera phone at that point! >_< There is also another guy who drops swaps into these regularly!

Mikey likes! :)

Is there room in the engine bay of one of those for a B16/B18? A nice little GSR motor would be amazing in that little car.

Like I stated earlier, I saw one with a B-18C1 in it, but was converted(and well done) to rear engine! Was badasss! :drool:

Thanks again, folks. The engine bay is nothing to behold as of yet as I've spent my efforts on the body and interior.

As far as the interior is concerned, it will be completely stock. I do have a Sirius satellite receiver that I will be installing behind the dash so that my factory AM/FM radio can remain in place to keep the factory look. All that remains to finish the car is floor carpet and stitching of the seats. I am doing those in blue outside vinyl with houndstooth inserts. Carpet will be black. Engine shots are below. Like I said, it's plain and dirty right now. And awaiting the Weber downdraft carb. I will then do some sprucing up in there.

I am in Georgia, Mike Dubs. Just East of Atlanta. What part of Atlanta are you in?

IMG_1037.jpg

Here is my "for real" JDM radio. Notice where the ON/OFF switch is and how the FM presets are on the passenger side. That's because these cars were built in Japan so the radios were contoured to their driving style.

IMG_1679.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks again, folks. The engine bay is nothing to behold as of yet as I've spent my efforts on the body and interior.

As far as the interior is concerned, it will be completely stock. I do have a Sirius satellite receiver that I will be installing behind the dash so that my factory AM/FM radio can remain in place to keep the factory look. All that remains to finish the car is floor carpet and stitching of the seats. I am doing those in blue outside vinyl with houndstooth inserts. Carpet will be black. Engine shots are below. Like I said, it's plain and dirty right now. And awaiting the Weber downdraft carb. I will then do some sprucing up in there.

I am in Georgia, Mike Dubs. Just East of Atlanta. What part of Atlanta are you in?

IMG_1037.jpg

Here is my "for real" JDM radio. Notice where the ON/OFF switch is and how the FM presets are on the passenger side. That's because these cars were built in Japan so the radios were contoured to their driving style.

IMG_1679.jpg

Thanks for looking.

What no 8 track?? :( :D

• 5 weeks later...

I've been gone for a minute, but now I am back with a textual update:

The car is in the shop now receiving a Weber 32/36 downdraft on it. When it leaves there, it is on it's way over to an upholstery shop to have the seats restitched in a new, but still stock, design. Below are the pics of it now:

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

The floor carpet is also going to be new.

what a fun little car. i really like these little guys and would love to have the time and money to play with one. I have seen some really nice restorations performed on them and this one is on it's way to becoming a show capable car.

1979 Honda Civic CVCC. I bought the car in 2006 and drove it for a week before the engine blew. Below is what it looked like the day I bought it.

100_1149.jpg

I let it sit for over a year before I decided to jump on it. I found a 1.8L EK-1 engine and had it swapped in, brought it home and lowered it. Then I added the Japanese fender mirrors (which are stock over there).

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

At that point I sent it to the shop for the bodywork. The car was sanded all the way down to the bare metal for a complete overhaul on paint work. During this time, I had accumulated the "ever hard to find" 12" chrome trim rings and had the factory 12x4 wheels painted high gloss black.

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

stripped.jpg

pinball2.jpg

pinball4.jpg

And, after replacing the cracked and cut dash to a new dash, complete with stock AM/FM radio and deluxe gauges....

100_1150.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

I am left with this.....so far. It is a primer state right now. It is charcoal gray with a semi-gloss clear coat on top. The car is sitting in the shop now awaiting a Weber downdraft.

3347846595_47feb04366_o.jpg

primedfront.jpg

carbridge2.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

Here is apic of my 1974 Honda Kick-N-Go that is being restored right along side.

IMG_2272.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Just thought I'd share. I don't know if anyone here knows who I am, but there you go.

HOLA QuickDodge!

Archived