Buying a New car, Suggestions?

I am looking to buy a new car soon, preferably a honda or a nissan not too into acura's, it needs to be a year 2000+ or I will have issues getting it financed, I have a slightly small budget. I am looking for something light weight with a reasonable amount of power and handling, sport suspension etc. The only car I can think of is a prelude but it would have to be the type SH. I would have liked to have bought an s2000 as i found a very cheap one in excellent condition but as I need something I can use as a daily driver through 4 seasons, I think that would not be so good in the winter. I am being picky about what kind of car I would buy as I already got stuck financing one car I was unhappy with after 6 months so I would like to find something I will be able to have fun driving and that will also not fall apart on me. Any Suggestions?

Are you absolutely set on Honda or Nissan?

A 2002 or so Subaru WRX would be perfect. Handles well, reasonably quick, easy to upgrade, AWD for all weather conditions, and not too expensive. You can even get it in the 5dr wagon if you want.

• 1 month later...
my main choices are a prelude, a SER spec V sentra or a WRX, the hard part is finding one for 10000 for less that hasnt been sold already,

I would go with the Prelude (after all, this IS a HONDA forum, isn't it? lol) Seriously, I've heard from previous Nissan owners that some Nissans have electrical issues. Looking at autos.msn.com, it appears you could afford a 2004 Sentra spec V or earlier model. The Honda Prelude was last produced in 2001, and no bank at this time (10/17/2009) will finance anything that old. Good luck in your search.

I would go with the Prelude (after all, this IS a HONDA forum, isn't it? lol) Seriously, I've heard from previous Nissan owners that some Nissans have electrical issues. Looking at autos.msn.com, it appears you could afford a 2004 Sentra spec V or earlier model. The Honda Prelude was last produced in 2001, and no bank at this time (10/17/2009) will finance anything that old. Good luck in your search.

Everyone has heard a rumor that every car ever made has problems. If we all bought cars based on what other people "heard" we would just be walking as, apparently, no vehicle would ever be operational according to rumor.

Most banks will finance an import as much as 10 years of age, some even more, provided your credit is decent and the condition of the car is not bad. You may need to take it in to the bank to have it inspected but that is a minor inconvenience.

I was very happy with my 99 prelude. Keep in mind that it is basically a two seater as the back seat is worthless for anyone older then 12.

damn dead thread, doh!

Archived