BONDO question

93delsols

i got a easy question for people that have used bondo

my bro has a 93 del sol and on the rear passenger fender he wants to bondo a spot roughly

a 6 inch area.

most of the dent is pulled out and is pretty close to flesh still has the holes in it when the dent was pulled

so my question is how long will bondo last and would it crack, or would it be better off cutting out the bad spot and welding on a piece of metal?

i got a easy question for people that have used bondo

my bro has a 93 del sol and on the rear passenger fender he wants to bondo a spot roughly

a 6 inch area.

most of the dent is pulled out and is pretty close to flesh still has the holes in it when the dent was pulled

so my question is how long will bondo last and would it crack, or would it be better off cutting out the bad spot and welding on a piece of metal?

I would bring it to a shop to do, but if you want to do it yourself, try to get professional body filler, the finishing type since the dent is almost flush. If you mix the stuff correctly, it should last a long time.

should be fine with the bondo. just make sure you follow the typical procedure for bondo which is bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand......

and rule of thumb, if you can feel anything, it will show up greatly once paint is put on.

should be fine with the bondo. just make sure you follow the typical procedure for bondo which is bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand, bondo, sand......

and rule of thumb, if you can feel anything, it will show up greatly once paint is put on.

He speaks truth, body work isn't that hard just take you time and follow directions. Keep going till it's smooth and even then paint.

Now I'm shocked to hear that someone who has been a "mechanic for 7 years" and makes "twice what I make in two weeks in one" and "drives in time attacks" knows nothing about Bondo or fixing dents. Anyways as I am the adult not the 17 year old here Ill help out with some information.

You don't want to use Bondo for thin layers the stuff you want is called DuraGlass. My friend who owns a body shop swears by the stuff. For thin layers that you don't want to crack and want to look smooth Duraglass is the stuff you want not Bondo. Bondo is good for building up and shaping but for a show quality finish Duraglass all the way.

Archived