I smoke, BUT MY CAR SHOULDNT!! help please :)

starbuck

The last time i got into my car, i drove it for about 15 minutes, and by the time i got it home the engine was smoking so badly it looked like it was on fire, and there was a drip trail (looked like oil)from my car down the parking lot. the smoke was a greyish color and i couldnt tell which part of the engine it was coming from because i couldnt see. at first i thought mabye i hit my oil pan on one of the speed bumps i went over, but would that make the car smoke?

i dont know what to do...its a 95 del sol...ill give some more information if i can.

any help at all would be appriciated.

thanks

The last time i got into my car, i drove it for about 15 minutes, and by the time i got it home the engine was smoking so badly it looked like it was on fire, and there was a drip trail (looked like oil)from my car down the parking lot. the smoke was a greyish color and i couldnt tell which part of the engine it was coming from because i couldnt see. at first i thought mabye i hit my oil pan on one of the speed bumps i went over, but would that make the car smoke?

i dont know what to do...its a 95 del sol...ill give some more information if i can.

any help at all would be appriciated.

thanks

Whip out the jack, and jack stands and let us know what you see. :thumbsup: Did you hit one really hard? >_<

Doubtful. Hitting the undercarriage too hard would destroy your exhaust manifold first before you're oil pan. So if you don't have any exhaust symptoms then I doubt physical damage. I, of course, could still be wrong though. My suspicion lies with Sweetie. Could be a seal that is leaking oil onto the exhaust or block. If you have an active drip that can be easily traced while in motion then it's pretty serious. How much oil are you losing at what rate?

What does the oil look like, and what does the smoke smell like? Does it have a bluish tint? Are you smoking out of the tail pipe or any coming from the engine bay? Any other symptoms low or high pressure high engine temp noises ect ect?

Archived