Demons 1992 Hatch Restoration/Build Thread

SpeedDemon

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Si's are cool but common BBS :) lol you should def get a paint job for the car than worry bout rims man imo.

bbs are also like a grand and he hasnt really done that much to this car.

i think some oem wheels would look better and they arent expensive at all.

i want ls meshies lol. i love that type of wheel. and yes bbs are super expensive. especially for the set i want.

I know I know but it all depands on were u get them. Shoot I picked mine up for 130 might not be the sikest BBS. But there nice. LS meshies are nice. Too bad u don't live closer I would def help u with the eg.

dude it wouldnt matter if you lived next door, i dont have the time to work on it haha. between working almost 34 hours on friday/sat/sun and then classes and homework all week...im swamped haha

BRAKES ARE FIXED!!!!!

put the new rotors, ceramic pads, and front calipers on and it fixed the brakes. the front calipers were seized and it wore both inner pads down to nothing. ill get pics up when i get home.

we are going to do the back later today when i get the calipers and junk

all drivers side stuff(front left rotor/inner pad)

000_2185.jpg

000_2186.jpg

000_2187.jpg

000_2184.jpg

passenger side inner pad. wore down pretty good. rotor was fine

000_2183.jpg

the rear rotors are done being turned. the back left caliper was not engaging at all so the rotor was rusted. the inner pads on the rear were worn down too so we got new pads under warranty and the back left caliper was under warranty. we also got new rubber brake lines for the rear.

next on the list is struts/lowering springs/camber kit. because all of my struts are blown. the car doesnt even sit level haha

brakes are not fracking fixed.

yesterday i had a full pedal even though my back rear brakes were dragging.

today we replaced the rear lines, rear calipers, rear pads, and had the rear rotors turned. got everything on, not a problem. bled the brakes and the pedal is right back to where if fracking is.it sits about 20% of the way off the floor. there is no resistance at all until that point.

so up until this date i have replaced the following with NEW parts.

front calipers

front pads

front rotors

rear rotors (turned)

rear pads

rear calipers

rear rubber lines

master cylinder

power booster

one way check valve

dot 4 fluid

only thing i have left is the proportion valve but i highly doubt its that.

this car has caused me to miss my class today so it needs to be fixed asap. if not. its getting sold. im tired of dealing with this crap. its pissed me off and ive sunk well over a grand into the brakes and such and it is still not fixed.

we have tried bleeding the brakes in thefollowing sequences:

front left, right rear, right front, left rear (from a $600 program at teh dealership)

haynes manual: right rear, left front, front right, left rear

we also tried:

right rear, front right, front left, left rear.

me and my dad are out of ideas. me personally, im done. i have had nothing but trouble with this car since i have gotten it.

holy fracked up brakes, batman!

haha yeah man. it was bad. but i had no choice but to drive it. only car that was available.

Might be a good place to look, possibly? Sorry, lol, being sarcastic. That's gotta be a bitch.

well i found the problem. we mixed dot 4 and dot 3 fluid on accident. so the system is half and half....which is a big ass no no lol. it is like vegetable oil and water in a jar.

so saturday we are going to flush the entire system and refill with dot 4 fluid and then bleed away. if that doesnt work its going to get a pressure bleed from the shop for $30

i did that before.. brakes were crapty and i was waiting for a paycheck. i took off the caliper and the brake pad was broken in half.

that is actually the exact same situation i was in lol. but mine fell apart from the pad and the mount

Damn dude hopefully you'll get that taken care of that soon.

it will tomorrow evening, the car stops just fine, i just want to get that taken care of and have a full pedal.

next is the SS clutch line i have sitting here lol.

Archived