1995 Acura Integra GSR

cody480gsr

Ok heres my dilema..... I have a GSR (b18c1) with really horrible idle problem still un-fixed and atrocious motor mounts.... i had the vehicle sitting for 2 months and when i came back and started it(did put new gas) , the car would pop when i touched the throttle and go very sluggish through out the rpms. So i went through all the lil things it could be....along with standard procedure...i.e spark plugs and wires, changed oil, checked battery was bad and is now replaced, did some standard cleaning,,,, like t.b and i.m, ran 91 oct gas with lucas fuel injector cleaner... and none of those things helped the situation. The idle problem was evident long before any of this stuff started happening and the car other than sparatic idling drove perfect.... so does anyone have any idea what i should do next or even check???

thanks!

dizzy, plug wires, fuel filter check those and see if any are bad. the filter i would replace anyways just to run cleaner

yes ive checked the dizz and im getting good spark through out just got some brand new plugs and wires and ive been reading other posts and i am gonna check fuel filter and replace tomorrow to check that off....so thats the mains? or is there possibilities of catostrophic failures?

yes ive checked the dizz and im getting good spark through out just got some brand new plugs and wires and ive been reading other posts and i am gonna check fuel filter and replace tomorrow to check that off....so thats the mains? or is there possibilities of catostrophic failures?

Clogged cat? Possibly internals are collapsing?

Take to exhaust shop and they can test, and modst times for me its free!

Clogged cat? Possibly internals are collapsing?

oh i hope to god its not that.... that would ruin my day.... but i have a hi flow cat on and dont think its bad is there a way to check that??....as a matter of fact i was running it and i did see smoke coming from the cat area but it wasnt like a huge amount i just thought i had burnt something cuz i did catch a plastic bag on my header and i thought that was it.... would that cause huge power loss like explained if the cat was clogged

oh i hope to god its not that.... that would ruin my day.... but i have a hi flow cat on and dont think its bad is there a way to check that??....as a matter of fact i was running it and i did see smoke coming from the cat area but it wasnt like a huge amount i just thought i had burnt something cuz i did catch a plastic bag on my header and i thought that was it.... would that cause huge power loss like explained if the cat was clogged

Indeed! What they do is drill a hole in your exhaust before and after cat, ten test air pressure. Then weld holes back up. When you took plugs out were they clean? No discoloration??

Indeed! What they do is drill a hole in your exhaust before and after cat, ten test air pressure. Then weld holes back up. When you took plugs out were they clean? No discoloration??

No there wasnt any dicoloration.... just had black chalkiness on the 'sparker' which is normal...correct?.....but as to dicoloration no.... but the old plugs i had were piecable(3 piece performance ones that u put together) and on two of my cylinders when i took the plug wire off them two the piece that connects to the wires was like loosened which irritated me... but have good ngk plugs now so no worries

ok so i had an idle problem in my car and i went to go fix it a lil over an hour ago got the problem fixed with the idle but car still was being sluggish (didnt do anything towards bettering it) but just kinda took it for a spin on hopes and dreams.... none the less i parked it and smelt something burning like metal so i looked under my car and my cat was glowing bright red!!!! now im pretty sure this is a dumb question but would that be an indication that it is bad? and also a reason why my car is being ultra sluggish??

yes that would definitely be the reason. clogged cat. you can get a new one for around 100 i think.

i also just noticed that youre in Mesa. I'm going to the U of A. how old are you?

ya im looking into that...hopefully it just went bad cuz i did have a horrible idle problem. But ya im 19 i live in mesa az and im going to MCC your in tuscon right?

Ya AZ aint so bad just super fracking hot!!! but thanks for the help guys ill definately get that replaced and hope to god nothing else is bad.
just a quick piece of advise id hack that cat of b4 it does some real damage to your motor kuz blocking the exhaust up like that is prty damn bad for the motor. just hack it off for the moment sure itll be prty redonculously loud but crap youll save your motor some strain....

just a quick piece of advise id hack that cat of b4 it does some real damage to your motor kuz blocking the exhaust up like that is prty damn bad for the motor. just hack it off for the moment sure itll be prty redonculously loud but crap youll save your motor some strain....

already done wit that! but im thinking bout just welding up a straight pipe no cat or tp.... is there any possible problems that occur with that other then low end tq loss?

might get loud and raspy

ya thats not a big deal shes pretty loud as it is it isnt like a daily driver so much anymore. Plus nothing my sound system cant drown out haha

ya thats not a big deal shes pretty loud as it is it isnt like a daily driver so much anymore. Plus nothing my sound system cant drown out haha

ok so i cut my cat off the car..... still being fukken slug status.... and also still poppin like little backfires.... i dont know where to go from here i just seen someone said dizzy but i checked that.... not a mechanic but i kinda know how to tell if a distributor is bad... someone said timing may be off but i have not the slightest clue how to check that.... someone also said fuel filter but im still waitin on that to be shipped it comes in tommorrow.... does anyone thats been through this have any way to know or should i just give up and take it to a shop?

ok so i cut my cat off the car..... still being fukken slug status.... and also still poppin like little backfires.... i dont know where to go from here i just seen someone said dizzy but i checked that.... not a mechanic but i kinda know how to tell if a distributor is bad... someone said timing may be off but i have not the slightest clue how to check that.... someone also said fuel filter but im still waitin on that to be shipped it comes in tommorrow.... does anyone thats been through this have any way to know or should i just give up and take it to a shop?

well i just made the hugest deal out of nothing.. i made a mistake and misconfigured the plug wires...... WOW thats all it was ..... now i gotta re weld my perfect cat im fucxin excited that it wasnt something super serious

well i just made the hugest deal out of nothing.. i made a mistake and misconfigured the plug wires...... WOW thats all it was ..... now i gotta re weld my perfect cat im fucxin excited that it wasnt something super serious

I ROCK! :D

Archived