wont crank

lionheart

I have a 1994 honda del sol, and it was running fine, all the sudden it died like you had turned the key off,any ideas what i should look for?

Well a little more info? Does it turn over, can you hear fuel pump turn on, does it turn over very slowly???

definately more information needed here

like, what happened when it died?

will it start at all, even just for a few seconds?

or does it not even turn over?

Is there a echo in here?

Is there a echo in

Is there a ec

Is ther........... :laugh:

Sounds to me like alternator died. I've actually been in a car when that happened, it keeps going until the battery dies and then just stops.

Try turning the lights on, if they're really dim, that's probably your problem

definately more information needed here, like what he said

like, what happened when it died?

will it start at all, even just for a few seconds?

or does it not even turn over?

I was just driving down the road, and it shut off like i had turned off the key, and no it will not start. It will turn over but does not even try to start,

well i believe that rules out the battery and alt.

try looking into your fuel pump or main relay

For your fuel pump, when u turn the key to the on position right before you make the engine turn over, you will see the check engine light go on for 2 seconds, when that goes off you should hear 2 clicks, if you do not hear those clicks, you have a issue with your fuel pump.

Something iv had to try is turning the key to that position about 4 or 5 times for 4 or 5 seconds at a time

Ok, that means it does crank, but won't start. To start, an engine needs air, fuel, compression, and spark. You've got air and compression, otherwise the car wouldn't have started before the trip when it died. Technically, it could be your dizzy or ignition coil, but fuel pump or relay is far more likely. Contrary to what Jesse said, the clicking has little to nothing to do with the fuel pump. Turn the key on, you should be able to hear the fuel pump humming in the background for a few seconds. If you don't hear that, it's probably the fuse or relay. If it's more of a whine than a hum, you'll need a new pump.

I'll go ahead and ask it... Do you have gas in the car?

I knew someone would ask.. YES

Ok, that means it does crank, but won't start. To start, an engine needs air, fuel, compression, and spark. You've got air and compression, otherwise the car wouldn't have started before the trip when it died. Technically, it could be your dizzy or ignition coil, but fuel pump or relay is far more likely. Contrary to what Jesse said, the clicking has little to nothing to do with the fuel pump. Turn the key on, you should be able to hear the fuel pump humming in the background for a few seconds. If you don't hear that, it's probably the fuse or relay. If it's more of a whine than a hum, you'll need a new pump.

OK Thanks a bunch!!!

I will take it one step farther, are you relying on the gauge to tell you that you have gas, or did you just fill it??:thumbsup:

my gf's isuzu rodeo has a broken gas gauge. so they rely on how many miles it goes before they run outta gas looool

Archived