EDDIE Z

Hey I'm Eddie new to hondaforums. I just recently bought a 92 civic hatch. Not to sure how to post pics lol so if someone could let me know I would be happy too.

Just want some oppions on what I should do to the body just want to keep it real clean. Thnx for your input before hand.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey I'm Eddie new to hondaforums. I just recently bought a 92 civic hatch. Not to sure how to post pics lol so if someone could let me know I would be happy too.

Just want some oppions on what I should do to the body just want to keep it real clean. Thnx for your input before hand.

Welcome! Keep it clean!! :thumbsup: Lower, lip it, rims tires, duckbill possibly, tint, then I\H\E. Go from there! :D

Oh and pics! Do you have Photobucket or another image hosting site??

join photobucket, upload pics from your comp to it, copy the img tag (bottom of the four choices) and paste in the white posting box here

welcome to hf

Thnx! Clean del sol :thumbsup: Here are a few pics bought the car as is I really want to get rid of these bumpers first thing lol. pics are kinda crappy there from my iPhone.

2m80gv7.jpg

wl6bs5.jpg

spgk69.jpg

Thnx! Clean del sol :thumbsup: Here are a few pics bought the car as is I really want to get rid of these bumpers first thing lol. pics are kinda crappy there from my iPhone.

2m80gv7.jpg

wl6bs5.jpg

spgk69.jpg

Do you mean you want to paint the bumpers? Nice whats the miles, and ect? Since this is a VX you have a decision to make! Do you want to keep your current fuel economy??

Do you mean you want to paint the bumpers? Nice whats the miles, and ect? Since this is a VX you have a decision to make! Do you want to keep your current fuel economy??

100 thousend miles 5 speed manual A/C works :thumbsup: lol very clean interior. Full tune up new gas tank. And I love the milage I get in this thing who needs hybrids :p

The bumpers are painted black looks good from far away but up close you can see its not a great job. I was thinking of repainting them red but I rather buy some nice jdm bumpers instead.

100 thousend miles 5 speed manual A/C works :thumbsup: lol very clean interior. Full tune up new gas tank. And I love the milage I get in this thing who needs hybrids :p

The bumpers are painted black looks good from far away but up close you can see its not a great job. I was thinking of repainting them red but I rather buy some nice jdm bumpers instead.

Personally I would keep stock front bumper, and ad a nice lip to it! :thumbsup: So since you love the mileage, you are going to be somewhat limited on what you can do performance wise, so in my opinion I would concentrate purely on cosmetics, and suspension for now. Has the timing been redone, and water pump at the same time??

Personally I would keep stock front bumper, and ad a nice lip to it! :thumbsup: So since you love the mileage, you are going to be somewhat limited on what you can do performance wise, so in my opinion I would concentrate purely on cosmetics, and suspension for now. Has the timing been redone, and water pump at the same time??

Yeah thnx man I do like the intake alot. I am also considering leaving the bumper stock just in red. Right now I just want to get the bumpers done. I"m limited in money right now saving up to get some simple upgrades and just getting it to look real nice. Yes the timing was done and water pump. The only down part is that my right axle is a bit messed up gonna have to get it fixed don't know could be the bearings not 100% sure. And I'm def dropping it.

Yeah thnx man I do like the intake alot. I am also considering leaving the bumper stock just in red. Right now I just want to get the bumpers done. I"m limited in money right now saving up to get some simple upgrades and just getting it to look real nice. Yes the timing was done and water pump. The only down part is that my right axle is a bit messed up gonna have to get it fixed don't know could be the bearings not 100% sure. And I'm def dropping it.

Clicking when turning?? Axles are cheap and very easy to replace! Unless you are Orca\Scotty! :D

Clicking when turning?? Axles are cheap and very easy to replace! Unless you are Orca\Scotty! :D

Yeah it does click drives well but I don't know when it gonna give out. I wouldnt mind replacing it myself never done it before though but I could give it a try.

Yeah yeah, we all know how much of a pain my car is to work on

Anyway, welcome to HF, car looks pretty decent, but definitely has a lot more potential. Sounds like you plan on keeping it subtle, should turn out looking great as time and money permit.:thumbsup:

Yeah it does click drives well but I don't know when it gonna give out. I wouldnt mind replacing it myself never done it before though but I could give it a try.

You'll probably be ok for a while. For replacing it, it shouldn't be too hard. get the axle nut off, use a crowbar to pry the axle out of the tranny (make sure to drain tranny fluid first), and then pop in the new axle. As long as your civic hasn't been as abused as my Sol has, it probably shouldn't take you more than an hour, hour and a half or so.

Yeah yeah, we all know how much of a pain my car is to work on

Anyway, welcome to HF, car looks pretty decent, but definitely has a lot more potential. Sounds like you plan on keeping it subtle, should turn out looking great as time and money permit.:thumbsup:

You'll probably be ok for a while. For replacing it, it shouldn't be too hard. get the axle nut off, use a crowbar to pry the axle out of the tranny (make sure to drain tranny fluid first), and then pop in the new axle. As long as your civic hasn't been as abused as my Sol has, it probably shouldn't take you more than an hour, hour and a half or so.

Why? There is no need really, most of the time nothing comes out, if you dont know if tranny has been drained before by all means go ahead, but not necessary.

Why? There is no need really, most of the time nothing comes out, if you dont know if tranny has been drained before by all means go ahead, but not necessary.

If you say so... Although I think my Tranny was overfilled, which would explain why when I finished with the clutch work there was probably a pint or two of fluid sitting on the garage floor...

If you say so... Although I think my Tranny was overfilled, which would explain why when I finished with the clutch work there was probably a pint or two of fluid sitting on the garage floor...

Thnx for all your help guys :thumbsup: and no the car has not bin beatin on bought if from an older guy was just his daily driver. Before him an older woman owned it so no big.

Just can't wait till I get this thing looking real good. I see that del sol's are real popular here haha.

Just make sure it is level and you will be ok! :thumbsup:

Thnx for all your help guys :thumbsup: and no the car has not bin beatin on bought if from an older guy was just his daily driver. Before him an older woman owned it so no big.

Just can't wait till I get this thing looking real good. I see that del sol's are real popular here haha.

Del Sols, and hatches are me favorite! I have had 5 hatches, 2 Sols, and 4 CRX's, and 2 Preludes! I am a converted muscle car guy to Honda guy currently! :o

Just make sure it is level and you will be ok! :thumbsup:

Del Sols, and hatches are me favorite! I have had 5 hatches, 2 Sols, and 4 CRX's, and 2 Preludes! I am a converted muscle car guy to Honda guy currently! :o

Muscle to honda wow haha. Damn you have bin through alot of cars. Well its fun getting big power from a small engine. Its not the size that counts it how you use it :D

Muscle to honda wow haha. Damn you have bin through alot of cars. Well its fun getting big power from a small engine. Its not the size that counts it how you use it :D

Well if you are looking for power in your hatch, you will need to get rid of that D16Z1!!

66810875EwGAZu_ph.jpg

Well if you are looking for power in your hatch, you will need to get rid of that D16Z1!!

66810875EwGAZu_ph.jpg

Oh yeah man no doubt but I have to wait at least two or so summers before i do a swap right now just simple mods to make the hatch look nice.

Oh yeah man no doubt but I have to wait at least two or so summers before i do a swap right now just simple mods to make the hatch look nice.

good mpg over long time = savings enough for engine swap. :thumbsup:

66810875EwGAZu_ph.jpg

Yeah I am gonna swap the engine but have to wait at least two or so summers. So for now I just wanna do some miner upgrades and make the hatch look real nice.

jdm bumpers are no different than the ones on it. id say paint the bumpers red and slam it.

I have seen some real nice simple jdm bumpers but I think I'll keep my stock ones for now. Just add a lip. And def paint them but I have no idea of paint would I need to sand it first? And whats the best kind of paint to use?

Archived