2008 Civic Type R

HaiSaiJDM

Indeed it would seem that power isn't necessary at this time.

This was a reasonably fast track setup too, I was topping out at about 85mph coming out of the top corner and through the straight. I've got a video of my first shakedown runs, but then my camera died, I'm gonna get the video down to YouTube size and then post it.

Well remember, it was a completely new setup to me, so shaving a few seconds is easy. Just like the very first time you do anything, you aren't very good at it, but once you get used to the equipment you are using and figure out how to best utilize it, improvements come quickly.

Here's the video, sorry about the clicking sound, it's my camera setup.

This was my very first run, the little "lane change" thing before the hard left into the 360 was messing me up in the beginning. By the last run of the day (untimed) I was going through it flat out, not letting off the gas at all, I also did better on the 360 as time went on. The last little section that we called "Chicago" messed me up the entire time, I hit that damn inside cone almost every time, took me forever to get that thing figured out. My car is just too big to take it the way I wanted, so I had to go wide.

• 2 weeks later...
nice video. car sounds good as hell.

i want one of those domo things you had hanging from your mirror.

hows living in japan, pretty amazing?

I got that Domo at Haneda Airport in Tokyo. I love Japan, been all over the world, and this is the place I love the most. :)

Hey I know you! Your in best motoring vtec edition. lol Damnit that is a badass car, we dont get em in merica (sigh)

LOL! Yeah, lots of people say things like "Hype R" and that they aren't that much better than the standard Civic, but that's because they've never been in a real Type R at a road course or nice twisty road where they were designed.

Here's and outside video, I think it was the same first run that I did in the other video I posted:

Pretty slow run like I said, this was a shakedown, and you can see where I destroyed that cone because I wasn't able to figure out how to get through that section at first.

Also, got my J's Racing header in today, along with my "flat-type" center caps for my wheels:

3949013117_af1a0b744f_o.jpg

3949792014_864cd09fe5_o.jpg

3949013205_1f21ace446_o.jpg

Archived