my swap civic won't rev past 3000

my 98 civic hatch with a b18a swap runs fine but when i try to rev it higher it just bogs at 3000 rpm and drops then rises up again my brotther and i have already tried checking the map sensor to the tps sensor and the ecu. i even went as far as changing three tps sensors and taking out my whole engine harness to check and see if there is any cuts on the harness but there was none either short on the money so don't want to spend anymore for miscellanous parts need to know asap.

if anyone can help me with this that would be great.

it shouldnt matter about the ECU colter..

if he used his old ecu it would tell the engine that his redline was the same as the old engine... i rode around on my D15 ecu for a few minutes with the GSR.. then i put in the chipped P28 and it ran alot better, higher revvs FTW, lol..

im not sure what your problem is though.. i didnt have any with my swap.. is your throttle cable tight..? that wouldnt make you bog but it would cause you not to pass 3k rpm

are you sure youre using the right ecu

i tried using my dx ecu and the ls and my brothers b16a3 ecu and only the dx responded the best because if i rev slowly it can go up to 7000 rpm but the ls and the b16 ecu won't even do that.

it shouldnt matter about the ECU colter..

if he used his old ecu it would tell the engine that his redline was the same as the old engine... i rode around on my D15 ecu for a few minutes with the GSR.. then i put in the chipped P28 and it ran alot better, higher revvs FTW, lol..

im not sure what your problem is though.. i didnt have any with my swap.. is your throttle cable tight..? that wouldnt make you bog but it would cause you not to pass 3k rpm

idk cuz my brother switched the throttle cable to the ls one i think it should be tight enough though.

I bet it was map or ecu either way he hasn't posted in here In a few days so my guess is he fixed it and is gone.

it is not a map or ecu problem because i had autozone did a code read on it and they said that what came up was o2 sensor and ignition misfire isssue.

but i still cant find the issue to it cuz usually when this happens it is either the spark plugs, spark plug wires or either the fuel injectors right and i have checked all these possiblities since bbefore i got the car started i got brancd new spark plugs and switch spark plug wires from a running ls motor and switched different working used injectors in so what could be the problem..

i thought it would be the fuel pump and i changed my d16y7 fuel pump with a b16 fuel pump as well so what the heck could be wrong now im pissed off already with my swap

i say you needz tune :thumbsup:

thats what im thinking of last cuz after autozone i changed my spark plug wires and then used a code reader from a friend and it told me something different now.

i got a code for an idle control valve malfunction and speed sensor malfunction.

im thinking why would my speed sensor malfunction because my speedomoter has been going up and working fine same with my rpm.

so im guessing to change my idle control valve from my brothers ls sense he just took his ls out of his civic.

if not any of these then i think i might need a 96 to 98 ex or hx harness then last but not least to tune it.

thats what my brother and i think it is but we dont know exactly which color code from the harness would be right for the idle control valve from my dx engine harness.

because it was running fine in my brothers 2000 hx coupe before he took it out and he decided to put a 98 ls motor instead of the 92 ls and we copied his wiring from his ls swap coupe into my dx hatch. i know there is a different in years and color code.

Naw its gonna most likely be something in the wiring at your distributor yall did you check that good

it can't be the distributor because first i did use an obd1 tapped to obd2 but then i was able to get my hands on an obd2 ls distributor and replaced it and i did not change or tap any of the wires on my harness to the dizzy.

oohh and i also have another question as to why my enigne coolant is running out so fast because i filled it up to full but when i drive it to work and just come back it drops to about halfway i believe it could be due to my idle air control valve but i already replaced that so what could cause that. it does still read that i need a new idle air control valve on the code reader. so then i have come to a conclusion as i have wired up my harness wrong somewhow so does anyone know the wire color for a dx harness to plug in right onto a b18a i need my car to run right asap.

the IAC wouldnt be making your coolant disappear.... no wiring that you could do would make coolant disappear

you probably have one of the following

1)leaky hose

2)leaky radiator cap

3)busted radiator

4)head gasket issue

no leaking hose, no leak on radiator cap, my radiator is still in really good condition, but could probably be head gasket issue have not check that yet but my cold to hot temp. does not go all the way too hot, it just stays like normal temp, i have had a head gasket issue on my other cars before and i know it can't be that.

Archived