Emergency Room Visit

SpeedDemon

IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH DO NOT SCROLL DOWN

ok heres the story:

i was fishing with the woman and get a phone call, its my dad. he said my little brother (15 yrs old)is in the hospital, had cut his fingers on glass. he was trying to open a window and slipped and cut his index and middle finger. mind you this is his 2nd day of highschool, just became a freshman. and the second of third year in a row he has gotten hurt. first time he ran a fence post in his leg a week and a half before school came. next year he bit his tongue almost all the way through on a trampoline. last year he wrecked a bike and had road rash everywhere. and now this year, a damn window. at the moment hes across the room loaded up on vikidin and antibiotics. so ok HERE ARE THE PICS!!!

at the hospital when the tried to numb him the stupid anesthesiologist hit bone with the needed, so that made it burn like hell. then they did a crapty job stitching it. but he took it like a man, didnt cry, didnt puke, didnt pass out.

me...i puked everywhere when they started stitching haha

000_0954.jpg

000_0953.jpg

GLASS WINDOW: 1

BROTHER: 0

haha i told him that in the er before he got stitches, he just looks at me and says "Fuk off" hahahahha. this isnt his first rodeo, and certainly not his worst. hes ran a fence post in his right leg before, that literally almost killed him

Thats it?? >_< I was expecting more! Like fingers dangling, or exposed bone??:devil: Glad he's ok though! :thumbsup:

before they stitched it up you could lift that skin up and see the bone

OUch that sucks man, hope he has a speedy recovery...no pun intended lol...but seriously man...ouch

yeah same here, he just got his first taste of vikidin so he is just sitting there smiling haha

meh, doesn't look all that bad, srsly. Try having the back of a stove fall down with a piece of metal hanging out, filleting my arm all the way from one end of my forearm to the other. They had to lift and unfold the skin out of its wound to try and stitch it properly. A couple of shaved knuckles isn't too much to cry about :p Happens in kitchens all the time

BUT what i want to know... how did he cut the TOP of his fingers on glass?

he was trying to lift the window up and two boys where trying to hold it down. well the other boys let go and the window shot up real quick and the wood frame broke, he couldnt get his hands stopped quick enough and he ran them right into the glass. and they are way more than shaved, he will probably lose the skin on top and that skin goes all the way to the bone

Doesn't look like it even needed stitches. Generally, if it doesn't require staples or at least a dozen stitches it could have been taken care of with a butterfly, liquid skin and an ibuprofen for about 1/100 of the cost.

Doesn't look like it even needed stitches. Generally, if it doesn't require staples or at least a dozen stitches it could have been taken care of with a butterfly, liquid skin and an ibuprofen for about 1/100 of the cost.

they were going to do 8 stitches in each finger, but he could only tolerate 4. they would numb it, but the asses took so long to come back to stitch it the anesthetic started to wear off.

he just got done changing the wraps, looks a lot better than it did yesterday. just hella bruised

hey i had to take chris to the hospital yesterday too

he was working on my car cause my radiator exploded and when they were taking it off one of the clamps shot off and scratched his eyeball

(last time we went to the ER he was replacing the alternator and sliced his finger open)

hey i had to take chris to the hospital yesterday too

he was working on my car cause my radiator exploded and when they were taking it off one of the clamps shot off and scratched his eyeball

(last time we went to the ER he was replacing the alternator and sliced his finger open)

Sounds like you need to force him to wear gloves and safety glasses whenever he's working on your car...

dude you puked from stitches? you should see some of the stuff from my OEC course...

it usually doesnt bother me too much, but his fingers looked awful when they first started stitching. it wasnt the fact that it was stitches. it was more along the lines of imagining that it was my hand haha

he will see the benefits of the scars later hehe...how is he doing?

The window story sounds like what happened to me: I was trying to open the window and it got stuck because of the old plastic lining, so my hand went into it and the cut was so deep I could see the bone. I just ran to my room's bathroom and washed my hand and bandaged it! When the doctor saw it a few weeks later, he said "good work closing it up" loool

lol still, there are far worse things out there than a few stitches. seriously i have pictures of how to bandage up someones intestines if the happen to bust themselves open bad enough, with real life pictures. imagine being in that guys place

• 2 weeks later...

its not that bad. I've actually had to move around a hand to take xrays where 3 of his fingers were held on by threads...I didn't see it but I saw the xrays of a womans stub, where it was severed right above the knee and in a following image was the rest of the leg..

Archived