Brand Vs. No Name Brand

SuperNewbie

nah, look at the HKS site.. theyre about 110 a filter..

ive had this filter for a few years now and im going boost.. this filter is better for boost applications IMO

• 3 weeks later...
yea cause the v2 goes from real fat pipe and the about 10 inches or so of thinner piping. but i rigged up my own little short ram with some spare junk i had laying around :thumbsup:

check it out

024.jpg

ghetto aint it haha

You wanna hear about getto intakes, I made a CAI once out of Schedule 80 3"PVC!!!!!! :thumbsup: The kid loved it actually, and I didn't have to use any elbows or any thing!

Theres very little difference IF any. Your not gonna notice the difference anyway. Itll sound a little better. K&N is gonna be the best filter your gonna be able to buy, and its proven in tons of tests, but that dosent mean you have to buy their intake system. I'd just buy the piping you need then buy a K&N filter for the end.

wow...pvc piping haha nice dude

It was actually, I made all the bends with a heater blanket that electricians use for bending PVC conduit! So was flawless, and the guy scuffed it up and painted it. I did it mainly to see if it could be done! :thumbsup:

Theres very little difference IF any. Your not gonna notice the difference anyway. Itll sound a little better. K&N is gonna be the best filter your gonna be able to buy, and its proven in tons of tests, but that dosent mean you have to buy their intake system. I'd just buy the piping you need then buy a K&N filter for the end.

im going to bring this back.. the statement about the k&n is WRONG, its mostly opinion. i say my HKS filter is better than the huge a$s k&n cone filter.. it all a matter of preference. yea the k&n is better than the autozone cone filter but its not the best.

the only real different thing i can possibly think of on the filters are there micro fibers and how much airflow they give out and how little or big you want your cone to be, now ive seen some prty huge cones in some ppls cars but like he said its all a personal preference.

kuz you can buy a $300 filter that does the same exact thing as a little $40-$70 off name to somewhat brand name.

it all comes down to preference, filtration, constant airflow, and if itll even fit underneath the hood of your car and you cant forget the style itll bring to your engine bay.

and as for piping the less bends you have the better airflow your going to have(CAI related only) just like an exhaust less bends the less restriction your going to have between the flow. now the thickness doesnt rly matter i think it would play a rly rly small part in it kuz the thickness of the piping would determine how fast the pipe would heat up witch would heat your air up right. so the thinner the faster its going to heat up or the thicker the slower witch means less hp/trq possible a loss in mpg or maybe a small gain. but thats just me idk wa you think about all that...

kuz if you think of it this way when you motor is colder the more hp/trq your actually going to have kuz the gears, oil, etc. are not all hot and wa not and the hotter it gets the less its going to have. like i said thats just my analysis of the whole shabang

holy shiz albert einstein really getting literate haha but very true what you said. the cone filter brand shouldnt really matter because a filter is a filter it blocks dirt and takes in clean air and with all this stuff about micro bladebla shouldnt make a noticable difference at all. cone filters and intakes are really ment for looks and sound, unless of course you need the better air intake for turbos and bigger upgrades for your car.

Archived