Should I buy or no?

gensolo

First off, Hi i'm a noob. Been lurking around for a couple weeks reading up on stuff...particularly Del Sol's.

Flat out I really want one. It gets awesome gas mileage, i can fix it up a bit more when i get the money, and...they are SEXY! I got a silver one rolling around town that looked really good before it got wrecked. :(

But like many in America nowadays, i'm a broke MF. But I've FINALLY found one and it's in my price range too!

http://www.hepperlyautosales.com/inv1.htm

It's on down the page a little.

I need to know if its a good buy or not.

Me and my friend are gonna go check it out tomorrow, but idk if i'm going to get it or not.

Um...also...are they easy to learn to drive a stick on...u gotta start somewheres i guess!

Thanks in advance!

yeah im gonna pay cash so im hopin to talk em down a bit. i dont like the rust on the back quarter panels, or the rip in the interior. i'd like to get it for less than 2k. and BTW if i do get it im getting rid of the stupid ass autobot emblem on the hood! thats the only thing i hate about it

the link doesnt show a del sol so im guessing its sold already..

there's a captiva sol that looks pretty beat on there for $1,900

hellz yeah get that! if you do get it and done like the steering wheel i can swap you my oem one plus cash on my end :thumbsup:

and when you do pick it up get a new back bumper, those mesh cutouts are fugly. and get some bigger brakes, those itty bitty things look weird with the sexy wheels lol. but otherwards good buy

true

but its still been beat on and molested and you have no clue to when that engine might give out... then what?

my car was babied, owned by an older guy. 1 owner

true, but on the title it always has previous owner, take a peek of who the owner was prior to the dealer. give the guy a call and ask him some ?'s lol

brian your like my cousin, you always seem to find the best deals when everyone else overlooks them. hell my cousin got a 97 integra b18c1 with jackson racing supercharger, had a bad water pump for 1300 lol. origionally the supercharger was unhooked and retuned to not run on it. so he hooks it up and causes detonation. now hes got chunks of the piston in the oil pan haha

but neways. BUY THE SOL! even as a starter car its good, another 400 will get you a nice d16 motor

if you do buy it... these are the first things you should do IMO..

1. sell those wheels and tires

2. buy some Si's or some type of OEM honda wheel that looks good on the sol

3. go to honda get a new rear bumper

4. save save save save money, and try not to run it hard on that engine

5. do suspension work

6. save save save save money, and try not to run it hard on that engine

7. get a new engine

then keep saving and splurging.. yes honda engines can take a beating but you have no idea how badly that thing was beatin on.. i would baby it around unless you have a backup d series laying around the garage

id check ebay for pricing

i wouldnt buy a back up.. but if he already has one thats good..

pending on preference to what engine he wants of course he could buy that from hmotors.. im guessing he'd want a b series since thats mainly what everyone wants when they get their first honda

all motor would be d series, but the more ive been looking the more d series turbos im finding, and they seem to beholding great. i say get a spare d series block anyways, build it with rods, sleeves, pistons, crank, springs, retainers, vavles, etc. mate it with an si lsd tranny and go boost with about 14-16 psi. giddy up :D

def buy the car. it would be one of your smartest buys ever

well just a little extra, you can have that sol looking pretty clean.

and for only 1900, shoot i bought mine at 3k so IMO, do it

and i love how everyone is already planning out things to do to his car

teamwork FTMFW

all motor would be d series, but the more ive been looking the more d series turbos im finding, and they seem to beholding great. i say get a spare d series block anyways, build it with rods, sleeves, pistons, crank, springs, retainers, vavles, etc. mate it with an si lsd tranny and go boost with about 14-16 psi. giddy up :D

Please build a D turbo, I'm so sick of hearing about B motors! check out Dseries.org for info! Good luck and build away!

you dont even need d series. org. just check out the vid i posted in the vid thread. go to the youtube window and the guy has a list of stuff that he is running for 330 hp

but if you go turbo, you can cheap out on some parts, but not all. the tubing can be somehwat cheap, along with the manifold. but DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON THE TUNE!! OR TIRES!!!

i may run stock parts, but i do a lot of research. kinda like the guy driving the talon out here, has 438 awhp on tap with a 150 shot of spray. asked him where his BOV was and he pointed to the cap to the wiper fluid tank.....

if you do buy it... these are the first things you should do IMO..

1. sell those wheels and tires

2. buy some Si's or some type of OEM honda wheel that looks good on the sol

3. go to honda get a new rear bumper

4. save save save save money, and try not to run it hard on that engine

5. do suspension work

6. save save save save money, and try not to run it hard on that engine

7. get a new engine

then keep saving and splurging.. yes honda engines can take a beating but you have no idea how badly that thing was beatin on.. i would baby it around unless you have a backup d series laying around the garage

if you were to buy the car, you'd need to cut out the rust and have the areas patched asap before it spreads and costs more to fix (both quarters have it and it hit the LH rocker as well, could be some hiding in the jambs and/or hidden behind the RH rocker as well). you'd also want to do a full tune up on the engine if you were planning on running that motor while you get money together.

you would not go to honda to get a new rear bumper cover, unless you wanted to overpay for something you could find locally, on craigslist, ebay or a forum for a lot cheaper. if you were worried about the engine giving out on you, you wouldn't do suspension work before putting a new engine in, especially with limited funds.

Archived