1994 del sol

wayovertheedge213

I am trying to find out how easily i can use a 1.6l out of any civic or del sol ( non vtec ) and put it in my 1994 del sol. I have the 1.5 in there right now but with 240K it kicked out on me. Now i know ... who wants to put that motor in there car as a swap. I have a prelude so the del-sol is just my 45mpg wonder summer car. I can find ODB2 1.6 Sohc all day long for $200-$400 with 80K and the ODB1 1.5l seems to be more in the price range of 500+ with 120-150K in my area if i can find them. So my questions are... 1. will it fit my trans? i believe it should but will i order the clutch for the 94 or the 96? 2. Do i need to do and ODB2 TO ODB1 harness work or can i just swap out some sensors etc? Any and all advice would be great.

yeah they make a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness then the rest is just plug and play, EXCEPT youll need to wire up vtec.. S models didnt come prewired for vtec..

Archived