99 Honda Civic

Mando087

HI EVERYONE. Im new to the site and new to cars altogether. Living where i used to live it was just not a smart move to get a car, but now that im stationed in North Carolina. Anyway i had been looking for a car for a little bit and always admired his Civic. I don't know much about cars at all just that the 04 Subaru Impreza WRX STI is my dream car (thanks to my older brother) and Hondas are relatively beginner friendly cars, plus they are amazing to work on.

Anyway as soon as i gave up looking for a car he tells me hes selling it for 7,500, but being that we grew up together he bumped it down to 7. I got my loan and the rest is history....Here are the specs to the best of my knowledge.

Its an automatic converted to Manuel transmission. Its has a d16Y8 Engine. AEM Short intake, Bosh wiring and Bosh Spark plugs (i think i spelled the company name wrong). Has a GReddy exhaust. Momo Italy racing steering wheel, custom interior seats gray w/ Honda black stitching. Valor touch screen head unit and stock Kenwood speakers. Those are the mods that came with it. I might be missing one or two things but im pretty sure thats all of what it came with.

Now i already got something done to it, i put in a CC Competition Stage 5 Clutch with new stage 2 Clutch Masters Flywheel (one reason was because the transmission that came with it had gears slipping, like they wouldn't catch and there would be no increase of speed) and an MSD Ignition Kit. it came with the car and my buddy told me about it.

Well like i said im new here and to cars in general so all recommendations and comments are more than welcomed.

BRING ON THE PICCS WOOT

FrontDay.jpg

BackDay.jpg

BackNight.jpg

FrontNight.jpg

IMG00088.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

It's very gold.

Not my thing, but looks clean and well assembled.

One thing I would like to point out: MSD ignition, racing flywheel and clutch will do you no good with a largely stock motor. Your money invested into a swap, turbo or whatever will bring out the usefulness in those parts you installed.

Thank you all for the feedback. I was told a turbo for the car would range between 3800 and 4600. Im more interested in swapping out with a b18 being that those are naturally better then my d16. anyone have the pricing for that?

Thank you all for the feedback. I was told a turbo for the car would range between 3800 and 4600. Im more interested in swapping out with a b18 being that those are naturally better then my d16. anyone have the pricing for that?

WaT? >_<

If you pay retail shop prices it might cost that much. This forum is a get your hands dirty kind of place. If you piece the turbo kit together and assemble yourself you should be able to pull off the same thing for well under 2k.

If you swap to a b-series all of the parts you already have will no longer fit: msd ignition, new flywheel and clutch and anything else under the hood. B series are 0% part compatible with D series. But do not let that deter you. No single bolt on part will ever add more power then just doing an engine swap.

• 1 month later...

Archived