HID Ballast Install Location

juanbogo

I have a 2006 Accord (4dr) and I'm wondering where the hell to place my ballasts for my HID kit. I've looked in the engine compartment, and everything looks a little tight compared to my previous vehicle. Anyone have any advice for a location?

unless you have HID housings for your headlights I would advise that you put them right back in the box so you do not blind oncoming traffic with your scattered beams

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 2006 Accord (4dr) and I'm wondering where the hell to place my ballasts for my HID kit. I've looked in the engine compartment, and everything looks a little tight compared to my previous vehicle. Anyone have any advice for a location?

I have a 2008 but it is equally as tight. My battery compartment had extra space in it as the battery was smaller then the box , so i put the drivers side ballast in there and the passengers side one i zip tied around the ams brake box as that is pretty secure.

I'd rather use zip ties then drilling into anything. So far i've had them in about 9 months and no issues.

Once i put mine in i had my friend drive my car and i drove in front of it at night, blinding doesn't seem to be an issue - at least not anywhere close to other cars i've seen.

I got 6000k FYI

Good Luck!

I have a 2008 but it is equally as tight. My battery compartment had extra space in it as the battery was smaller then the box , so i put the drivers side ballast in there and the passengers side one i zip tied around the ams brake box as that is pretty secure.

I'd rather use zip ties then drilling into anything. So far i've had them in about 9 months and no issues.

Once i put mine in i had my friend drive my car and i drove in front of it at night, blinding doesn't seem to be an issue - at least not anywhere close to other cars i've seen.

I got 6000k FYI

Good Luck!

thanks beholder. i place one in front of my battery and the other i screwed into the frame above the passenger side headlight. 10000k, and they look nice as he77. hopefully they don't blind anyone. if so, oh well, my bad.

Archived