Lina's car :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm talking in terms of wheel horsepower... even the S15 blacktops barely reach the 200 rwph mark. they make somewhere around 230 at the crank.... Stock SR20's have been dyno'd at somewhere between 160-170. they really aren't that great of motors. turbo a KA and you'll be making more power/more torque. + it would be a lot cheaper and easier to get parts for.

just did some reasearch on the sr20..

reading that they can barely make ~350 reliably... then you need to do internal work.

for less money than building all of that then you can get an LS1... and it's not making much less power + the ls1's aren't all that heavy... The stock KA24DE out of a 240 is just about, if not heavier, than the ls1.

ive seen plenty of 400hp+ SR20's rolling around where i live... they seem to be doing fine..

Safe Limits of Stock SR20DET

Many people ask what power levels a stock block SR20 can handle. The internals have been known to support 400 whp reliably. However, that is dependent on your

fuel management. Proper supporting mods must be done to the fuel system to support this number, or you will melt pistons. The pistons are the first part of the motor to fail internally. They tend to overheat and either burn holes through them, or their ringlands crack and fall apart.

Most ppl only replace rods/pistons to go for higher hp. (and of course upgrade fuel system)

^ i assume that people are going to build right if they build lol

i wanna say chris and my bro in law found a vid of a sr with like 700 hp or something stupid like that on stock internals

ill make him find what he was talking about when he gets home

i just can't believe that you cant have more then 300 hp in a redtop sr20.. makes them sound like horrible motors (which i dont think they are.. just overdone) when rb's can handle an insane amount on stock internals

Am I the only person on here that has noticed a severe issue with Lina's new car???

There just so happens to be a lack of a backseat.

Which could lead to horrible depression on Lina's part.

Am I the only person on here that has noticed a severe issue with Lina's new car???

There just so happens to be a lack of a backseat.

Which could lead to horrible depression on Lina's part.

haha ya I didn't want a 2-seater but I thought of something: making it a 3-seater :D I think I can fit a seat in the middle of the back?! maybe! hehe will see...

^it would fit...

badas* 280z was running yesterday for about an hour and I was sooo happy :D.....and then it stopped on me :(...fuel issues symptoms...

Air has gotten in and backed up behind injectors... (the problem)

I gotta work on it more or just sell it and get a stock Honda for a daily (since I don't have space to put hmotors motor into a shell to make a nice daily)

I stuck a friend in my hatch area and my Z was a three seater for a half hour. He had to curl under my harness bar so I kept hitting the brakes and making him slam his head into it. It was great!

I sold the '07 Civic Si because the guy offered me almost as much as I had bought it for... (I had driven it for around 25k miles in 10 or so months)

I sold the Integra for more than anyone thought I could sell it for! It was time to get rid of that teg...you guys might think it was a nice stock Honda, but it really wasn't. I truly drive cars harder than anyone else I've known and been told that I do. I had the teg. for a year and a half and almost made as much money as I had bought it for (this is including me fixing it myself and keeping the insurance money...which was totally ok with the insurance company).

I wanted to buy something cheaper and save the rest of the money from the teg. for other things in life besides cars.

I can sell this 280z for same or more than I bought it for (including expenses)...I really wanted a badas* car like this because I really do like awesome cars and will see what happens...I could also go get a cheap car for now while life is bringing me many challenges these days...

I've tried my best to not let cars cost me a lot (cars are expensive hobby)...

:)

Archived