Lina's car :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
silvias were 240s (not skylines) with different looks and sr20's and were not offered here just like the 180s were not offered over here.. everything is interchangeable though.. i could put a silvia front with 180 tailights on a s13.. or you can do a s13 front on a s14.. or vice versa i believe.. you can like mix and match just about all the USDM 240sx's and the JDM 240sx's

you always beat me to it >_<

damn you, lol

Yeh, Silvias = the japanese 240sx. S13, RPS13 (the one that looks like our first gen 240 with the flip up lights) the first gen S14, the kouki and zenki styles of S14, then finally the S15. PS13's had the CA18DET, the other silvias had either the SR20DE or the SR20DET for type-r versions. Some PS13's had the sr20det, as well.

I want a 2nd gen 240sx and throw in a V8, still. It would be way too much fun! LS1, 5.0, vh45de... the possibilities!

I want a 2nd gen 240sx and throw in a V8, still. It would be way too much fun! LS1, 5.0, vh45de... the possibilities!

aaaaand youre one of those people i hate that put a domestic engine in a import... seen a supra TT with a blown bigblock, ran slower than it would have if he wouldve kept the 2jz engine (i wanted to kick him in the nuts).. dont get me wrong swapping your engine for more power/torque is cool but hell put something that manufacturer made in the car.. not like a S2k with a 2jz, gah id like to slap some people these days :sleep2:

Well, soon to change fuel lines and tank and get it running :)

Colter, pic of my rims if your dad wants :) all 4 are in great condition and all 4 tires are same and have only a few hundred miles on them :)

wheel.jpg

EDIT: If he has been looking for a while, then he probably has seen this website also? http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/Nissan...heels/index.htm

aaaaand youre one of those people i hate that put a domestic engine in a import... seen a supra TT with a blown bigblock, ran slower than it would have if he wouldve kept the 2jz engine (i wanted to kick him in the nuts).. dont get me wrong swapping your engine for more power/torque is cool but hell put something that manufacturer made in the car.. not like a S2k with a 2jz, gah id like to slap some people these days :sleep2:

BITCH, I KILL YOU!

vh45de is a nissan/infiniti motor. But yes, i would but a domestic motor into an import. I believe in the saying no replacement for displacement, and I love the sound of a roaring V8. I've done nothing but I4's and i'm sick of the sound of an import. For the money, there is NO WAY you can get any of the nissan's motors to compare to the power of an LS1. LS1 swaps aren't cheap, but they aren't nearly as expensive as some of the higher end swaps, and go ahead and try to build a KA24DE to 300+ hp. It'll be pretty damn expensive. To do it to an SR20DET, you'll need A) the swap, which can run around 2 grand for a decent one if you're lucky. The new turbo would probably be ~800 for the big28, bigger injectors another $300, Z32 MAF $80, new ECU from JWT would probably be around another $800. THEN you can probably make about 280, and that's on 20+ psi. OR you can just throw in a stock LS1 and make like what? 320 at the crank stock?

plus, 5.0's are cheap and seem like so much fun to build. They are popular motors, because they are good.

PS: Nothing will make you wet your pants like seeing a 240, and hearing a roaring LS. I've seen one in person. Had almost no work done to the car, ran 11's with a cam, exhaust, wider tires, and some other bolt ons.

PS: Nothing will make you wet your pants like seeing a 240, and hearing a roaring LS. I've seen one in person. Had almost no work done to the car, ran 11's with a cam, exhaust, wider tires, and some other bolt ons.

only reason my pants would be wet is because i just threw up in my lap bleh

thread jacking needs to end. btw, sr20det w/ a gt2871r can net 425+ whp.

And I just bought an sr20det complete swap with fmic + piping, megan downpipe, and t28 turbo for $1600. I expect to pay $600- $700 for injectors, fuel pump, and tune. I'm shooting for 275-300 rwhp in my s14.

Oh and Lina, I love the car. I think we have one at the junk yard if you need any misc parts.

My two cents:

As someone who has owned one and worked on several swapped Z cars everything from sr motors to my sbc to my best bud's rb25, the same end opinion is always reached. I love my car I love my motor but why did I swap it? L28et turbo motors with megasquirt ECU's upgraded turbos and a front mounted intercooler, injectors little cam/head work can make nearly 400hp. Its stupid cheap and takes alot less time to build. Mainly because the "while I'm at it bug" dosnt strike so often. Slap a nice five speed behind that l28 upgrade your rear end to a lsd r200 or r230 with whatever gear ratio that your looking for. (most common are 3.54's and 3.90's) and have a blast! Upgrade your suspension and brakes and go to town. I miss driving my old Z with the strait 6. With a few upgrades it was a riot to drive and had personality something alot of newer cars and motors lack. Ill post some pics of it with the 8 in it, but give some serious thought to why you are swapping it. If its just to do it fine, if its to make power then you can make great power with the l28 on the cheap because it is a great building block.

Thanks :) and if I had the space/time/money, I would want an awesomely built car that's waaaay more fun to drive, but

...and I'm not building or swapping, unless you guys do it for me? lol jk...I'm just gonna get it running and drive for now :)

I'm trying to not spend my money on car mods lol

thread jacking needs to end. btw, sr20det w/ a gt2871r can net 425+ whp.

And I just bought an sr20det complete swap with fmic + piping, megan downpipe, and t28 turbo for $1600. I expect to pay $600- $700 for injectors, fuel pump, and tune. I'm shooting for 275-300 rwhp in my s14.

Oh and Lina, I love the car. I think we have one at the junk yard if you need any misc parts.

pretty sure the block can't take much more than 300 rwhp

not saying for sure. but i'm pretty sure.

+ finding someone to tune the stock sr20det ecu is going to be a bitch, everywhere i looked said that it couldn't be done on the stock ecu. Need an entire new unit.

^ idk who youve been talking to

sr's come with between 200-250 hp stock.. im pretty sure they wouldn't engineer it to be about to break stock.. they can probably handle A LOT more then 300

oh and the nismo 270R i guess comes with the sr20det and it has 270 hp

i'm talking in terms of wheel horsepower... even the S15 blacktops barely reach the 200 rwph mark. they make somewhere around 230 at the crank.... Stock SR20's have been dyno'd at somewhere between 160-170. they really aren't that great of motors. turbo a KA and you'll be making more power/more torque. + it would be a lot cheaper and easier to get parts for.

just did some reasearch on the sr20..

reading that they can barely make ~350 reliably... then you need to do internal work.

for less money than building all of that then you can get an LS1... and it's not making much less power + the ls1's aren't all that heavy... The stock KA24DE out of a 240 is just about, if not heavier, than the ls1.

Archived