CF leaks, opinion?

JesseCuster

So on one of my other threads, there was a differense in opinon.

Heard some different things

so i wanted to see what everyone else thinks

Does the carbonfiber trunk, roofs, and hoods leak a lot?

let me know what you think or have heard.

Is that a real question? huh

Ha ha, j/k, Of course I'm enjoying them. You can lift the hood and trunk with one finger and the Ameripol never fails to turn heads... especially mine when inside the car. :p

The bronze blocks around 60% UV and the blue blocks about 70% UV. I don't get hot in the car at all really. Besides, if it's hot enough to make the interior uncomfortable the roof shouldn't really be on anyway. :wink:

Both seibon and Vis Racing Vendors say most leak..

Odd tho i cant see your car looks good with a carbon fiber targa i would hold off and get the hood and trunk first. Cause i think just the Targa it will look un complete.

i say u car gets painted black first then a cf hood, or top,or why even trunk? lol otherwise it just looks silly, big whoop u got a cf hood, one tap and it curls up to ur windshield, black on black on the other hand then yeah, wher u have to get upclose and see the detail

i say u car gets painted black first then a cf hood, or top,or why even trunk? lol otherwise it just looks silly, big whoop u got a cf hood, one tap and it curls up to ur windshield, black on black on the other hand then yeah, wher u have to get upclose and see the detail

Carbon fiber not really black its like a gun metal. But with the sun it shines. Now i think wat he doesnt kno cf is a bitch to take care of. During hot summer days where i live in Delaware we get about 97 98 is the hottest and that every once in a while it normal is about 90 and i gotta wax mine atleast every month if not every time i wash.

probably is hard to care of. here usual days bout 100! and its uber humid. ill look for a top first or a trunk. my hood is brand new i guess last guy wrecked it and he got a new hood. the hoses for the water thing aint even on yet im too lazy.

So on one of my other threads, there was a differense in opinon.

Heard some different things

so i wanted to see what everyone else thinks

Does the carbonfiber trunk, roofs, and hoods leak a lot?

let me know what you think or have heard.

I owned one owned it for a year. First few month it leaked slowly

so i changed my weather stripping then around end of the summer. we had a bad storm it leaked really bad seats where soaked, back plastic had water laying over top of them. Oh and Btw Carbon Fiber is A Real Pain in the Ass. I Recently Bought A Ameripool top and i love it. So far doesnt leak like the Carbon fiber one did.

how do u work on ur car with no job??? and yeah i want that top now. but i needa get a new top from a junk so i can swap tops. plus mine sucks

does anyone kno where to get one cheaper than 4-5 bills? its not even a whole top lmao

Carbon fiber not really black its like a gun metal. But with the sun it shines. Now i think wat he doesnt kno cf is a bitch to take care of. During hot summer days where i live in Delaware we get about 97 98 is the hottest and that every once in a while it normal is about 90 and i gotta wax mine atleast every month if not every time i wash.

thats why you strip the gell coat and clear coat it.. still wax it but it shines better and it wont yellow over time :thumbsup:

Ameripol FTMFW :thumbsup:

+1!!!

does anyone kno where to get one cheaper than 4-5 bills? its not even a whole top lmao

ameripol top for less than $400 or $500.. nowhere that i know of, unless its a private dealer thats a dumbsh!t lol

ameripol sells them for $675 new, last time i checked.. and thats just the "glass" youll still need to use all the stuff from your old top so you can put it on your car.. alot but its clean as hell so IMO its worth it

as for ebay.. dont rely too much on ebay.. buy stuff from people on forums that are trusted to have good parts and from well known places online, like jhpusa.com, jdmland.com, or passwordjdm.com (not like andysautosport) those are a few good places i've ordered parts from... as for forums, something like honda-tech classifieds or nwp4life classifieds, they usually have great stuff for sale there! im looking at buying some OG volks from nwp for $800 with toyos that have 80% tread left.. search around, take your time and youll eventually find great stuff for low prices :thumbsup:

Archived