It finaly happened

JesseCuster

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea, its already hot as hell as it is

adding another window on top cant help things in that department

haha damn...thats the james bond feature you must have hit the escape button...never touch the little red button!

and correction on the title of this thread...i think many would agree that the worse thing that can happen is when your engine goes kaplooey lol

you obviously don't have a del sol then

cause this ranks up there

close tie for 1st between top flying off ur car on a highway going 75 with cars all behind you

and blowing an engine

any agree?

and correction on the title of this thread...i think many would agree that the worse thing that can happen is when your engine goes kaplooey lol

correction to the correction

WORST thing would be getting in a wreck

then the top flying off

then the motor dieing on you

because:

wrecks suck ass and end up hurting mechanical and body most of the time

top flying off means buying a new top and then getting the paint to match

car dieing.. normally something small.. last time mine did it it was the alternator.. then the time before that i replaced the motor cause oil was sneaking by the rings in cylinder number 2 because the rings were not put in right

very true

i agree with that correction to correction

wreck can have pretty dire consequences (been in 4 crazy ones)

the top coming off, as you said plus if it hit someone elses cars, you have to repair that as well (came so close to happening)

and an engine dying is usually pretty straight forward

i can't stress how lucky i was

it literally found its way perfectly between two cars side by side

definately one in a million out come

it looked like a movie

engines can usually just be rebuilt. del sol engines are cheap anyway. only major downside is the length of time the car would be out of commission.

blending the targa wouldn't require as much work as most other panels would.

very true

very true indeed

if/when i do end up getting a new roof, it will be cf

i wouldn't mind gettin her painted black

and then having a stripe of cf going down the middle (hood, roof, trunk)

Dont get a carbon fiber one they leak. They are good for shows and like hey look wat i got. But if its a DD and not a garage car.Del sols leak already this will be 10 times worse cause like a carbon fiber hood, trunk and roof they all leak. Its a mold they lay it over the stock hood, trunk, or wat not. and then its a mold of that. Vis racing will tell u the same lol

Dont get a carbon fiber one they leak. They are good for shows and like hey look wat i got. But if its a DD and not a garage car.Del sols leak already this will be 10 times worse cause like a carbon fiber hood, trunk and roof they all leak. Its a mold they lay it over the stock hood, trunk, or wat not. and then its a mold of that. Vis racing will tell u the same lol

i just asked mitchness if he had any trunk leak problems the other day, because im thinkin about gettin one, and he said his has never leaked...

EDIT:: OOPS!! :-

hm,

ill definately look into it more

it's not sommethin i have to have

but would be nice

sols are light alreeady ha

and i have a crazy leak in mine

the only one i has is at the back window i believe

everytime after it rains, if i make a crazy turn, i can hear a lot of water sloshing around between the window and trunk

it makes me giggle someitmes

not really... check the curb weight

Del Sol Curb Weight:: 2522

93 Civic Hatchback Curb Weight:: 2317

from my understanding the sol weights more because of the reinforcement because of the targatop..

depends on what you refer to as crazy light..

IMO a cf hood and trunk will lighten it a good amount..

IMO crazy light would be like... full race gutt, cf doors, hood, fenders, bumpers, sideskirts, trunk, and some enkei rpf1s

most carbon fiber pieces available today are for show purposes, not weight reduction/strength. therefore, they aren't all that much lighter than your oem pieces (there are some that are actually heavier than oem).

isnt dry fiber ALOT better and made to actually a bit weight less than oem bodypanels?

dry is stronger and lighter, thus more expensive.

most carbon fiber pieces available today are for show purposes, not weight reduction/strength. therefore, they aren't all that much lighter than your oem pieces (there are some that are actually heavier than oem).

then whts da point!? specially if your not goin black on black

then whts da point!? specially if your not goin black on black

the "point" was included at the very beginning... "show purposes".

:laugh:

not really... check the curb weight

Del Sol Curb Weight:: 2522

93 Civic Hatchback Curb Weight:: 2317

from my understanding the sol weights more because of the reinforcement because of the targatop..

damn.. brian got to it before me

some people i know put a sol on a scale.. weighed more then that :laugh: .. def. not the lightest honda

Archived